Eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2020, a National level Common Entrance Exam has been released. The exam will be conducted across India and Abroad in the month of April 2020. Interested candidates can go through the requirements which include – Qualifying examination, Qualifying marks, Age and Nationality and those who satisfy all the conditions will be eligible to appear for the exam. Refer the detailed information on eligibility criteria, which is given below before applying. Plenty of courses are offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP campuses. Candidates can apply for the exam by registering through the official website online before the last date.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility criteria
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National / PIO Holder.
- Age Limit:
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible to apply for VI-TEEE-2020. The date of birth as recorded in the High School Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
- Qualifying Examination:
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2020, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2020 should have secured minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST Community
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- In case, the mark statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding his/her eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
- Subject Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination is eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination is eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes as below, But after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
- B.Tech. Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, CSE with spl. in Bioinformatics, ECE with spl. in Biomedical Engineering programmes
- Even though the admission is done as per the VITEEE ranking, the candidate have to fulfil the eligibility norms mentioned.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor