AKTU defines the Reservation criteria for UPSEE 2019 and candidates are advised to enter the category and other related information correctly so that they can claim reservation benefits with respect to their category. Candidates who fail to furnish the relevant details or who fail to back their claim with required certificate/ document will not be given any kind of reservation. Reservation in UPSEE 2019 is broadly divided into 2 categories i.e., Vertical Reservation and Horizontal Reservation. There are different codes for each category and sub-category belonging to these two reservation categories. Candidates are advised to enter the right code while filling the application form.
Given below is the percentage of reservation under different categories and schemes.
|3.||Weightage To Candidates From Rural Areas Of U.P||3%Marks|
|4.||Seats under different scheme in First year||Not Available|
|5.||Admission to Non-resident Indian (NRI) candidates in first year||5%|
|6.||Admission To Kashmiri Migrants In First Year||One admission per institution|
|7.||Admission to foreign nationals (FN) / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries(CIWGC)||Not Available|
|8.||Economically Weaker Meritorious Students||10%|
1. Vertical Reservation (Category)
Vertical Reservation accounts for 50% of total reservation and it is mainly reserved for candidates from Uttar Pradesh. The reservation is further divided into 3 divisions. 21% of reservation is given to Scheduled Caste from U.P, 2% is reserved to Scheduled Tribe from U.P. and the rest of the 27% is reserved for Other Backward Classes from U.P.
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|(a) Scheduled Caste from U.P||21%|
|(b) Scheduled Tribe from U.P.||2%|
|(c) Other Backward Classes from U.P.||27%|
2. Horizontal Reservation (Sub-category available in each category)
Horizontal Reservation accounts for 30% of total reservation and it includes various categories as given below. Candidates wanting to claim reservation in the below mention category must make note of Codes and enter them properly in order to avail the reservation.
|Sub-Category||Code||Maximum Percentage of Total Seats|
|(a) Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||UPFF||2%|
|(b) Sons/Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defense personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||UPAF||5%|
|(c) Physically Handicapped / Disabled from U.P/ Divyang Jan 8 from U.P.||UPAF||3%|
|(d) Female from U.P.||UPGL||20%|
60% Seats are Reserved for UPHC Category Candidates for Each Course offered in AITH, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology for Handicapped), U.P.
Important points on Horizontal Reservation
- The candidates can be given only one type of horizontal reservation out of UPFF/UPAF/UPHC.
- However, the female candidates can also claim for any one of UPFF/UPAF/UPHC alongwith UPGL.
- Request for the change of category/sub-category filled in Application Form will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Category/sub-category must be supported by the relevant certificates as per proforma given and must be produced at the time of counselling, failing which the candidates shall be treated in General Category
- The advantage of horizontal reservation in Armed force sub-category is available to sons/daughters of “defense personnel from U.P. either retired (Superannuated) or killed/disabled in action and the dependents settled in U.P.”, and “the defense personnel posted in U.P.” on the date of Entrance Examination.
- Valid certificates are required at the time of counselling, for claiming reservations in subcategories
- The seats available under Fee Waiver scheme will be notified in respective category at the time of counselling.
- Please note that benefits of UPGL subcategory will automatically be given to all the Female candidates.
3. Weightage To Candidates From Rural Areas Of Uttar Pradesh
Candidates from rural areas of Uttar Pradesh are given weightage in terms of total marks. A weightage of 3% of the total marks obtained at UPSEE-2019 will be given to such UPGE candidates for B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/ courses, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution situated in rural area of Uttar Pradesh.
The institutions should be situated in the jurisdiction of Gram Panchayat but the area should not be industrially developed. Candidates who want to claim this benefit must produce Certificate Number 7 at the time of counselling.
Rural weightage is not applicable for a candidate opting any other reservation and for a candidate opting direct admission to second year.
Rural weightage is not applicable for candidates under UPGD category
4. Seats under different scheme in First year
- Number of admissions in all courses offered at Institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, will be only through UPSEE-2019.
- UP State Govt. has permitted 15% of total sanctioned seats available in Private Institutions to be filled by the Management quota/NRI candidates and the same shall be filled up in accordance with the procedure prescribed in the Govt. orders. The remaining seats in various courses offered at all the Institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow will be filled through UPSEE-2019 counselling.
- 20% of the total sanctioned seats available for admission in first year in all courses in institutions affiliated to AKTU without reservation subject to eligibility conditions given in this Information Brochure. Thus, 20% of the total sanctioned seats for admission in first year of all courses in Institutions affiliated to AKTU shall be open to all the candidates. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE-2019 Merit.
Thus, for Government/Government Aided/Govt. Self Financed Institutes, 100% seats in all courses in first year will be filled by UPSEE-2019 qualified candidates.
For private colleges, 85% seats in all the courses will be filled by UPSEE-2019 qualified candidates.
5. Admission to Non-resident Indian (NRI) candidates in first year
- NRI candidates, who possess prescribed qualifications, may get direct admission on 5% seats of total intake in Govt. / Govt. aided and Private Institutions having approval from AICTE for NRI seats on merit, subject to the latest instructions of Govt. of U.P.
- The detailed information will be published in the month of May 2019 in various newspapers and university website.
- The candidates, seeking for admission under this scheme, need not appear in UPSEE- 2019.
- However, applicants opting B.Arch. course under this category has to appear in an Aptitude Test on the day of counselling to be notified later.
6. Admission To Kashmiri Migrants In First Year
- Direct admission to Kashmiri Migrants in first year in each institute is to be made as per the latest instructions of AICTE and orders from U.P. Govt.
- Such admissions will be over and above the sanctioned intake and normally limited up to one admission per Institute affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow.
- The detailed information will be published in the month of May 2019 in various news papers and University website.
- The candidates, opting for admission under this scheme, need not appear in UPSEE-2019.
- The B. Arch. course does not exist for such candidates.
7. Admission to foreign nationals (FN) / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries(CIWGC)
- Under the approval of AICTE, identified institutions shall admit FN/PIO/CIWGC up to the extent sanctioned by AICTE as per the eligibility criteria and guidelines of the University.
- These supernumerary seats shall be exclusively meant for the FN/PIO/CIWGC students in undergraduate courses with the condition that under no circumstances a seat remained unfilled shall be allocated to candidates other than a FN/PIO/CIWGC.
- The candidates, opting for admission under this scheme, need not appear in UPSEE-2019.
- The B.Arch. course does not exist for such candidates.
8. Admission To Fee Waiver Seats For Economically Weaker Meritorious Students
- As per AICTE notification fee waiver seats for economically weaker meritorious candidates are also available in B.Tech./ B.Pharm./B.HMCT/B.FAD/BFA courses in all institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow.
- No tuition fee will be charged from the candidates admitted against such seats.
- The fee waiver seats will be limited to maximum of 5% of the approved intake in the course, and will be over and above of the sanctioned intake.
- The economically weaker students must submit certificate no. 12 (Income Certificate) at the time of verification of documents.
- No Tuition Fee Waiver seats are available for B.Arch. Courses
Category Definitions of UPSEE 2019
|Sl.No||Category Name||Category Defination||Category Code||Category Certificate Required or not ?|
|1.||UPGE||Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located in the State of Uttar Pradesh and who do not claim for any reserved category are eligible for admission to all the courses at all the institutions against available General (OPEN) seats||UPGE||No category certificate required from such candidates.|
|2.||UPSC/UPST/UPBC||Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located in State of U.P. and are domicile of U.P. and belong to Schedule Caste (SC) of U.P./Schedule Tribe (ST) of U.P. /Other Backward Classes of U.P. are eligible for admission against available reserved seats of their category.||UPSC / UPST / UPBC||Certificate is required.|
|3.||UPGD||Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P. and whose parents are domicile of U.P. and who have not claimed for any reserved category, are also eligible for admission to courses offered at all institutions under General (OPEN) category. Such candidate has to produce the domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) at the time of counselling.||UPGD||Certificate required from such candidates|
|4.||GDSC/GDST/GDBC||Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P. and whose parents are domicile of U.P. and who belong to Schedule Caste of U.P. /Schedule Tribe of U.P. /Other Backward classes of U.P. are also eligible for admission against reserved seats of their category.||GDSC/GDST/GDBC||Such candidate has to produce the domicile certificate of his/her parents (Father OR Mother only) and Category Certificate at the time of counselling.|
|5.||GDDA|| The domicile requirement to son/daughter of following is relaxed and admission is permitted to such:
||GDDA||GDDA candidates will be considered as UPGD category for all other benefits.|
|6.||OSGE||Candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located outside U.P. and whose parents are NOT domicile of U.P.||OSGE||No category certificate required from such candidates. Such candidates, along-with candidates of other categories, shall be considered only against 10% of the sanctioned intake of first year in Technology/ Architecture courses in Private Institutions affiliated to AKTU.|
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor