NEET 2019 aspirants can now check out NEET Exam pattern which has been released by NTA for candidates reference. NEET is a National level entrance exam which is conducted in Offline mode for the duration of 3 hours on 5th May 2019. The question paper is divided into 3 sections (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) where each question carries 4 marks. Negative marks are awarded for incorrect response. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Also, if more than one answer is indicated by the candidate then it will be treated as incorrect response and it will be negatively marked.
Exam pattern for NEET 2019
|Mode of the Examination||Offline (Pen and paper based)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
|Number of questions||180 (Physics – 45, Chemistry – 45, Biology – 90)|
|Total marks||720 marks (180 Q × 4 marks)|
4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer
Negative marking - For each incorrect response one mark will be deducted from the total score
No response/answer – No mark will be deducted More than one answer indicated in a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs)|
|Language||English/English and Hindi/English + one regional language of candidate’s choice|
There will be a total of 180 questions and the three sections will be divided based on the subject. Physics and Chemistry sections carries 45 questions each whereas Biology carries 90 questions comprising both Botany and Zoology.
Medium of the Question Papers in NEET 2019
- Candidates must take care while opting for the medium of question paper as the choice once exercised during the application form filling cannot be changed.
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in anyone of the following languages:
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be carefully exercised while filling in the Application Form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Regional languages would also be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Option of Regional languages will be available only as per following details:
Option for regional languages along with examination
|Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|English & Hindi||All Examination Centre Cities|
|English & Assamese||Examination Centre Cities in Assam|
|English & Bengali||Examination Centre Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Gujarati||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Kannada||Examination Centre Cities in Karnataka|
|English & Marathi||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra|
|English & Oriyas||Examination Centre Cities in Odisha|
|English & Tamil||Examination Centre Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu||Examination Centre Cities in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|English & Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
NEET 2018 Marking Scheme
|Unattempted question||No Marks|
NEET Mock Tests by NTA
To help the NEET applicants practice for the examination, NTA is providing "Question Paper (QP) & Answer Keys (AKs) of previous year", as "NEET Mock Tests". To access this facility, the candidates must log on at NTA website and select NEET mock tests where they can download the question paper and solve it offline. Link to mock tests – NEET Mock Test
Candidates can access the quiz directly at NTA quiz where they can select the name of the exam and subject/paper and then click on "Proceed to Mock test", upon which a new login window will be displayed. Enter Username and Password and click on "Login"
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor