Maharashtra conducts MHT CET, where candidates are offered admission to various Professional degree courses in Maharashtra colleges. As per Maharashtra government, reserved categories candidates are granted a certain number of seats, provided they are residents of Maharashtra. To gain the benefits of reservation candidates are supposed to enter their category details i.e., the selection of category during application form filling. Reservation is granted for Backward class, Wards of Defence Personnel, PwD candidates. Also, the seats are reserved under All India Quota.
The percentage of seats reserved for each category is displayed below in the table:
MHT CET 2019 All Reservation List
|2||ALL India Quota Seats||Not available|
|3||Wards of Defence Personnel||5%|
1. MHT CET 2019 Backward Class Reservation
Backward class category reserves about 50% of seats which is again divided in to different categories like Scheduled Castes and Schedule converts to Buddhism (SC) Caste, Schedule Tribes (ST), Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De Notified Tribes(DT) (NT-A), Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B), Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C), Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D), Other Backward Classes (OBC).
MHT CET Reservation of Seats 2019 for Backward Class
|1||Scheduled Castes and Schedule converts to Buddhism (SC) Caste||13%|
|2||Schedule Tribes (ST)||7%|
|3||Vimukta Jati (VJ)/De Notified Tribes(DT) (NT-A)||3%|
|4||Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)||2.5%|
|5||Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)||3.5%|
|6||Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)||2%|
|7||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||19%|
Candidates belonging Backward Class categories will have to submit the following documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Caste/Tribe Validity Certificate.
2. MHT CET 2019 ALL India Quota Reservation
- Candidates who have qualified JEE Main 2019 can claim seats under All India Quota.
- Candidates applying under this quota will be selected based on merit list prepared by JEE Main 2019 Paper 1.
3. MHT CET 2019 Wards of Defence Personnel Reservation
Wards of Defence Personnel can claim reservation in MHT CET 2019 Seat allotment. About 5% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to this category. The following conditions have to be met by the candidates who are claiming seats through this category.
- Ward of ex-service personnel who is domiciled in Maharashtra state (DEF-1)
- Ward of active service personnel who is domiciled in Maharashtra state (DEF-2)
- Ward of active service personnel (DEF-3) who is transferred to Maharashtra state but is not domiciled in the state, or who is not domiciled in Maharashtra state but their parents are residing in the state.
- Candidates should have qualified the HSC examination from a school or college in Maharashtra state.
- Candidates also have to produce their documents to prove that they are eligible for claiming seats under Defence Service Personnel.
4. MHT CET 2019 Person with Disability(PwD) Reservation
3% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to PwD category
- 1% seats for visually impaired candidates.
- 1% seats for mute and deaf candidates.
- 1% seats for Orthopaedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic.
|Pwd candidates||Reserved seats|
|Visually impaired candidates||1%|
|Mute and deaf candidates||1%|
|Orthopaedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Spastic||1%|
Writer/Scribe To The Persons With Disability Candidates:
The details of applicability of Scribe and/or Extra Time for various types of candidates with Disabilities are given in the following table.
|Type of disability||Sub type||Allowed scribe||Allowed extra time|
|OH||One leg affected||Not Required||Not Required|
|Both legs affected||Not Required||Not Required|
|One arm affected (Dominant Hand)||If opted||If opted|
|Both arms affected||YES||YES|
|Hearing Impaired||Not Required||Not Required|
|Locomotor Disability (Affecting writing speed)||If opted||If opted|
|Learning Disability/Dyslexia||If opted||If opted|
|Autism||If opted||If opted|
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
- The eligible (Person having not less than 40% disability) Orthopedically Handicapped who are not in a position to write, Blind, Low Vision, Persons affected with Cerebal Palsy and Learning Disability/ Dyslexia can avail a scribe/ writer for the MHT-CET 2019 Examination.
- The scribe / writer shall be arranged by the candidate at the discretion of the candidate at their own cost. The Competent Authority shall not provide scribe / writer to the candidate.
- The candidate who wants to avail scribe / writer has to indicate willingness at the time of online submission of application form.
- The candidate has to fill the declaration form for scribe/writer in the prescribed format. The format can be downloaded from the online system.
- Paste photographs of candidate and the scribe/writer and put signatures and submit this declaration form before reporting to the examination hall on the examination day to the “Venue Officer”.
- The candidate shall produce the disability certificate in original along with Admit Card to the “Venue Officer” at the time of examination.
- The candidate availing the facility of scribe / writer shall be given compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination ( 30 minutes compensatory time for the one and half hour duration paper)
- Low Vision, persons affected with Cerebral Palsy, Learning Disability / Dyslexia candidate shall be given compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination even if not availing the facility of scribe / writer. Such candidates should have declared Low Vision while filling the online application form.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor