The 2019 KEAM Seat allotment (1st Phase) result was announced on June 20th 2019. Candidates need to register on KEAM website to participate in KEAM Counselling and Seat allotment process . The seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of rank obtained , choices filled by candidates during counselling, eligible reservations of the candidate and availability of seats. The entire process of Seat Allotment for KEAM 2019 will be conducted through Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). The CAP through which the Options are registered is a simple and transparent process of allotment. Candidates may refer the below given information on CAP.
The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) and allotments will be made to various courses under the Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/Medical streams in the State.
The online Centralized Allotment Process 2019 will be done by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala, with the technical support of the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
1st Phase of Seat Allotment
The 1st phase of seat allotment to Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy course in the State - 2019 is published on the KEAM website. The allotment is based on the options filled by the candidates online on the website.
Candidates can find the details on allotment on their home page. The details include - Name, Roll Number, Allotted Course, Allotted College, Category of Allotment, details of Fee to be paid etc. The candidate should take a printout of these details.
Those candidates who receive an allotment shall have to remit the fees to be paid to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations as specified in the first phase allotment memo at any of the Head Post Offices in Kerala or by way of Online Payment from 21st June 2019 to 26th June 2019 (up to 5 PM) in order to accept the allotment.
The candidates who are allotted seats in the 1st phase of allotment ( to Engineering/ Architecture/Pharmacy courses) need not necessarily join the college/course.
Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date prescribed for the same will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases.
Token Deposit(for 1st phase allotment): Candidates allotted under SC/ST/OEC category and those having benefits as per G.O.(MS) 25/2005/SCSTDD, dated: 20.06.2005 and G.O. (MS) 10/2014/BCDD, dated: 23.05.2014, need not remit token deposit.
Registration for 2nd phase of seat allotment: The option registration to the second phase of allotment to Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy courses and first phase allotment to Medical courses (MBBS, BDS) will commence on 29th June 2019 and the result to second phase allotment to these courses will be published on 7th July 2019.In this phase, the allotment will be done to the newly included colleges of Architecture & Pharmacy and MBBS, BDS, Agriculture, Veterinary, Forestry, Fisheries courses (the list of colleges is given below). The allotment to Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha and Unani courses will be on the next phase of allotment.
Candidates will have to login and confirm their higher order options by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button, so that their options in Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses to be considered in the second phase of allotment. After Online Option Confirmation, the candidates can re-arrange their higher order options or delete the unwanted options and also register fresh options to the newly added courses/Colleges from 29/06/2019 to 06/07/2019, 10:00 AM. As mentioned above, the result for the options entered till 6th July will be published on 7th July 2019.
The candidates who have been allotted seats in 2nd allotment should take take a printout of their second phase allotment memo and remit the fee/ balance fee payable to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, at any of the Head Post Offices in Kerala or by way of Online Payment on any date from 08/07/2019 to 12/07/2019, 3:00 PM. After remitting the fee, the candidates should join the college which has been allotted to them on or before 12th June 2019 (before 3:00 PM).
(general procedure for fee remittance is given below for reference)
Those who do not confirm their options online will not be considered for the 2nd phase allotment and also their higher order options in Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy streams will not be available in the subsequent phases. If the candidate do not confirm his/her options the existing allotment shall be retained as per the first phase allotment. Online Option Confirmation is mandatory for being considered in the second phase of allotment for both candidates allotted with a course in the first phase and those who have not received any allotment in the first phase including SC/ST/OEC and other candidates eligible for fee concession.
Token Deposit (for 2nd phase allotment):Candidates allotted under SC/ST/OEC category and those having benefits as per G.O. (MS) 25/2005/SCSTDD, dated: 20.06.2005 and G.O. (MS) 10/2014/BCDD, dated 23.05.2014, have no token deposit to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
If SC/ST/OEC candidates have accepted the allotment, they should join the college allotted between 08/07/2019 and 12/07/2019 (before 3:00 PM) with all supporting documents and certificates. If it is not so, the allotment will be cancelled. The candidates getting allotment are liable to remit the fee fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee if the fee fixed on the basis of agreement between Government and Self-financing Managements is not approved by the Hon’ble Court or any competent authority.
The allotment to colleges/courses will be subject to recognition of All India Regulatory Bodies, Affiliation from the Universities and Government Orders.
Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) in KEAM 2019
Processing of Options and Allotment
After the completion of option registration the options must be processed and once the task of processing is done the allotment for all courses will be published on the website ("www.cee.kerala.gov.in") on date notified by CEE. Refer the below tentative dates for now and it shall be updated as soon as the official dates are released.
Schedule for seat of allotment
|1st Phase Allotment Schedule|
|Opening of the website facility for online option registration||13/06/2019|
|Closure of online option registration facility||19/06/2019 (10:00 AM)|
|Publication of First Phase Allotment||20/06/2019 (08:00 PM)|
|Candidates who get allotment shall have to remit the fee shown in the allotment memo at any of the Head/Post Offices in Kerala or by way of online payment. Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date prescribed for the same will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases.||21/06/2019 to 26/06/2019 (03:00 PM)|
|2nd Phase Allotment Schedule|
|Opening of the website facility for online option registration and enabling re-arrangement of higher options/deletion of unwanted options and registration of fresh options to the newly added Courses/Colleges||29/06/2019|
|Last date for online option confirmation and re-arrangement/deletion/addition of options||06/07/2019 (10:00 AM)|
|Publication of Second Phase Allotment||07/07/2019|
|Candidates who receive allotment should remit the fee/balance fee (if applicable) payable to CEE in any of the Head Offices in Kerala or by way of online payment and should report before the college authorities to join the allotted college/course. The detailed schedule for admission containing the date and time for joining the Engineering courses will be published on 07/07/2019||08/07/2019 to 12/07/2019 (03:00 PM)|
|All the college authorities should approve and submit the list of admitted candidates through Online Admission Management System (OAMS)||08/07/2019 to 12/07/2019 (04:00 PM)|
Colleges having additional intake
|SI. No.||Name of College (code)||Course||Additional intake|
|1||University college of Engineering, Karyavattom, Thiruvananthapuram (UCK)||Electronics and Communication||29|
|2||Avani Institute of Design, Kozhikode (AVR)||Architecture||40|
|3||Thejus College of Architecture, Thrissur (TJR)||Architecture||40|
|4||DC School of Architecture and Design, Idukki (DCR)||Architecture||40|
Remittance of Fee
- The prescribed fee for the course will have to be remitted by the candidate to the Account of the CEE in specified Post Offices in Kerala which will be notified by the CEE or by way of Online Payment, as per the time schedule prescribed.
- A fee receipt will be issued by the Post Office/can be printed from the Online Payment page, as token of allotment and remittance of fee after the candidate remits the fee in the first allotment.
- Those candidates who do not remit the fee on or before the date prescribed for the same will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases.
- The second allotment will be published on the date specified. Candidates who have not received any allotment in the first allotment and who have received an allotment in the second allotment will have to remit the prescribed fee for the course allotted.
- If a candidate has a different allotment than the one received in the first allotment, the fee for which is higher than that remitted as per the first allotment, he/she will have to remit the difference in fee.
- The amount to be remitted in this manner will be shown in the allotment memo of the candidate.
- If the fee for the course allotted in the second allotment is less than or same as the fee remitted as per the first allotment, no further remittance is to be made by the candidate. The same process will be repeated in the subsequent allotments.
Fee Structure: The fee structure for various medical and allied courses is given below.
|MBBS||Government Medical Colleges||Rs. 25,000/-|
|BDS||Government Dental Colleges||Rs. 23,000/-|
|Agriculture [B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture]||Colleges under Kerala Agricultural University||Rs. 7,500/- (Per Semester Tuition Fee)|
|Forestry [B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry]|
|Veterinary & Animal Science [B.VSc & AH]||Colleges under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University||Rs. 19,800/- (Per Annum)|
|Fisheries [B.FSc]||Kerala Fisheries & Ocean Sciences University||Rs. 6,050/- (Per Semester Tuition Fee)|
Self Financing Pharmacy Colleges : Tuition Fees: Rs. 98,000/- + spl. fee fixed by AFRC
Fee Structure in Self Financing Medical Colleges: The fee structure for General and NRI category at various self financing medical colleges is listed below for reference.
MBBS Fee Structure
|S.I No.||Name of Self Financing Medical Colleges||General 85%||NRI 15%|
|1||KMCT Medical College, Kozhikkode||Rs. 5,54,000/-||
|2||Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Pathanamthitta||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|3||Amala Institute of Medical Science, Thrissur||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|4||Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Centre, Thrissur||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|5||Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Ernakulam||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|6||Travancore Medical College, Kollam||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|7||Believer’s Church Medical College Hospital, Thiruvalla||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|8||Dr. Somervell Memoral CSI Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|9||Dr. Somervell Memoral CSI Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|10||Azeezia Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kollam||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|11||Al-Azhar Medical College and Super Speciality Hospital, Thodupuzha||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|12||Sree Gokulam Medical College and Research Foundation, Thiruvananthapuram||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|13||MES Medical College, Perinthalmanna||Rs. 5,60,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|14||SUT Academy of Medical Science, Thiruvananthapuram||Rs. 5,32,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|15||Mount Zion Medical College, Pathanamthitta||Rs. 5,55,750/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|16||PK Das Institute of Medical Sciences, Palakkad||Rs. 6,04,000/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|17||Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Ernakulam||Rs. 6,53,860/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|18||Karuna Medical College, Palakkad||Rs. 5,40,540/-||Rs. 20,00,000/-|
|This fees is provisional and is subject to the final decision of the Govt./AFRC or in accordance with consensual agreement entered into between Self Financing Management & Govt||This fees is provisional and is subject to the final decision of the Govt./AFRC|
Fee Structure for BDS in Private Self Financing Dental Colleges
|Rs. 3,04,500/-||Rs. 6,00,000/-|
|This fees is provisional and is subject to the final decision of the Govt./AFRC or in accordance with consensual agreement entered into between Self Financing Management & Govt||Up to 6 lakhs. This fees is provisional and is subject to the final decision of the Govt./AFRC|
Admission for all courses
- Candidates allotted to courses, and who remit the fee as prescribed, should take admission in the college allotted as per the schedule prescribed by the CEE.
- Candidates who do not take admission will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases.
- The candidates are liable to pay admission fee as prescribed by the University concerned at the time of admission.
- If a candidate who got admission in any course, in any allotment of any phase under CAP conducted by the CEE, discontinues the course by taking TC to join another college or course which is not the part of CAP or for any other reasons not related to CAP will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which the allotment belongs. The options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases.
Online Option Confirmation for participating in subsequent phases of allotment
- Candidates who are willing to participate in the second allotment/subsequent allotment and are having valid options should log in to his/her Option Registration Page and confirm their options by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Candidates can delete their unwanted options or alter the priority of existing options only after the online option confirmation.
Online Option Confirmation is mandatory before each phase of allotment for participating in that particular phase of allotment. The facility for Online Option Confirmation will be made available in the website before each phase of allotment. A candidate who does not confirm the higher order options by clicking the’ Confirm’ button available in his/her Option Registration Page, his/her higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase will not be available in subsequent phases also. However, his/her existing allotment shall be retained, subject to the conditions i.e., Remittance of Fee and Admission for all courses.
After each allotment, the options below the ‘allotted one’ of the candidate will automatically be removed from the option list of the candidate.
For example, if a candidate had registered 45 options in all, and if he/she is allotted his/her 34th option, all options from 35 to 45 will be removed from the option list. Since the 34th option is the allotted one, it will not be seen in the option list. Options from 1 to 33 only will remain valid and will be considered for future allotments.
- If a candidate is satisfied with an allotment and does not want to be considered against his/her remaining options, he/she will have the facility to cancel all the remaining options. He/she may cancel options in a particular stream alone. He/she may also cancel specific options among the remaining options as per his/her desire. The candidate will also have the facility to alter the priority of the remaining options. But the candidate will not be permitted to register any fresh options to the existing ones.
- The facility for confirmation and cancellation/ deletion/alteration will be available for a specified period of time as notified, after which the facility will be withdrawn. A candidate retaining all or any of the options after each allotment is bound to accept the next allotment, if any, given to him/her. If the candidate fails to accept the allotment, he/she will lose all the allotments/ admission and will lose the existing options in the stream to which the latest allotment belongs.
- Forfeiture of the claims in CAP: The claims in Centralised Allotment Process conducted by the CEE will be cancelled under the following reasons.
- Non payment of tuition fee as specified in the allotment memo.
- Non joining of the course/college within the stipulated time as specified by the CEE.
- Discontinued with TC to join courses other than the courses allotted by the CEE or for any other reason.
Last Rank Details in KEAM 2019
The last rank details of the allotment will be published after each allotment and will be made available on the website. The last rank given will be the rank of the candidate and not the position in the category list.
General Rules related to registering of Options
- Candidate can register all the available options if he/she desires so. However, it is not compulsory that the candidates should exercise all the options.
- A candidate will not be allotted a seat in a course of a college if he/ she has not opted the course-college combination during option registration process of CAP-2019.
- A candidate is bound to accept an allotment as per the priority registered in the Option list and he/she has to surrender the seat already occupied by him/her, if he/she is allotted based on options furnished against arising/future vacancy. Request to retain the existing admission after an allotment is made, based on the option registered, will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Failure to report for admission in the allotted institution, after remitting the required fee within the stipulated time will result in the forfeiture of his/her allotment to that course and cancellation of all the existing options in the stream to which that allotment belongs.
- For each phase of CAP 2019 subsequent to the initial phase, confirmation of the higher order options by logging in to the Option Registration Page and clicking the ‘confirm’ button is mandatory to participate in that phase of allotment even if no cancellation/re-arrangement of options is desired. Non-confirmation of higher order options for a particular phase of CAP will lead to automatic deletion of higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase, making them unavailable for the subsequent phases also.
Allotments as per guidelines
- As per the schedule fixed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, no student shall be admitted to Medical/Dental colleges after August 31st of each year. Hence no allotments for 2019-20 will be made to the MBBS/BDS courses after 31.08.2019.
- As per the guidelines of Central Council of Indian Medicine, allotments to BAMS, BSMS and BUMS courses for 2019-20, will not be made after 30.09.2019. Similarly, no allotments to the BHMS course for 2019-20 will be made after 30.09.2019, as per the guidelines of Central Council of Homoeopathy.
- Allotment/ Admission to Engineering courses will not be made after 15th August of every year vide judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated. 13.12.2012 in the Civil Appeal No.9047 and 9048 of 2012. Similarly no allotment to the B.Pharm Courses for 2019-20 will be made after 15.08.2019, as per the guidelines of AICTE.
- Candidates allotted to the Engineering courses must join in the respective colleges at the third and final allotment.
Spot allotment/admission for filling up the remaining vacant seats, if any, will be conducted after the completion of the Centralised allotment process.
All qualified candidate included in the rank lists concerned is entitled to attend the Spot allotment/admission Process. However, the eligibility/claims of candidates to participate in a Spot Allotment shall be in accordance with the conditions in the relevant Government Orders/Orders of the Hon’ble Courts, concerned Central Councils.
Detailed notification will be issued at the time of allotment. For Engineering course the students must join at the time of third allotment.
Post Allotment Activities
- Reporting at the College: Candidates who get allotment will have to report before the Principal/Head of the Institution concerned for admission on the dates notified with the following documents :
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued).
- Eligibility certificate from any University in Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format given in Annexure XVII (a) or XVII (b) of the Prospectus 2019.
- Receipt of fee remitted.
- Data sheet of KEAM 2019.
- Admit card of NEET-UG-2019(if applicable)
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE.
- Any other documents required in the allotment Memo/Notification.
- Originals of all the documents and certificates uploaded with the online application.
- Fee/balance fee of the course should be paid at the time of admission.
- Verification of Documents: The Principal/Head of the College or Institution shall be personally responsible for verification and satisfaction of the correctness of the documents/Certificates produced by the candidate at the time of seeking admission in the college/institution. The University concerned shall also verify the records produced by the candidate who got admission in the college/institution by deputing special teams and submit a report to Government within 10 days from the last date fixed for final allotment of seats.
- Failure to pay the tuition fee/report for Admission: Candidates who do not pay the tuition fee or do not take admission on the prescribed date will lose their allotment as well as all the existing options in the stream to which that allotment belongs.
- Cancellation of Higher Options after joining a College: Candidates who join the college on the dates specified can cancel their remaining options fully or partially or change the priority of their remaining options before the dates prescribed and as specified in clause 11.6.4. A candidate interested in subsequent allotment must login to his/her Option Registration Page and click the ‘confirm’ button available therein and can delete their unwanted options or alter the priority of existing options.
Refund of fees in KEAM 2019
Candidates who cancel their admission by obtaining Transfer Certificate before the dates announced by the CEE for the same are eligible for refund of fees. Excess fees if any collected from candidates will be refunded. The amount of fee/excess fee collected will be refunded to the candidates only after the closing of admission for the year. No interest will be paid to the candidates.
No refund of fees
- No refund of fees will be made to candidates who apply for Transfer Certificate/ Cancellation of admission under any circumstances, after the last allotment notified by the CEE. They will have to pay Liquidated damages as stipulated.
- The candidate who does not take admission in the last phase of allotment in the respective courses will not be eligible for refund of fees. They will have to pay Liquidated damages.
Penalty for Filing/Retaining unnecessary options: Candidates who file/retain unnecessary options, but do not take admission on allotment to the Course/College during the final phase of allotment to a course as notified by the CEE resulting in Government seats and Management seats allotted by the CEE to lapse, will be penalized. They will be liable to pay penalty of Rs.10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs Only) for MBBS course, Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees five lakh only) for BDS course and Rs.50,000/-(Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) for all other courses irrespective of annual family income/nativity/reservation status. Their candidature is also liable to be cancelled and also will be debarred from appearing the Entrance Examinations and/or allotments conducted by the CEE for a period not exceeding two years. In case of failure to remit the penalty, the same is liable to be recovered under the Revenue Recovery Act.
Refund of Excess amount collected as fee: The fees collected from candidates will be transferred to the college where the candidate stands admitted on closing of admissions. In case the candidate has moved to a course, the fee for which is lesser than the amount remitted by him/her at the time of the earlier allotment, the excess fee collected will be refunded to the candidate after closing of admissions. The candidates need not submit any individual request in this regard. No interest will be paid to the candidate on the balance amount due to him/her.