The application form of KEAM 2019 has been released on 3rd February 2019 by Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE), Kerala. KEAM aspirants can apply for the exam till 28th February 2019. The last date for submitting Certificates and other supporting documents is 31/03/2019.
The exam will be conducted only for admissions to
- Medical courses (MBBS, BDS, BHMS(Homoeo), BAMS(Ayurveda), BSMS (Siddha), BUMS (Unani))
- Allied courses (BSc. (Hons.) Agriculture, BSc. (Hons.) Forestry, Veterinary (BVSc. & AH), Fisheries (BFSc.))
- Engineering courses ( [including B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.) & B.Tech. (Food Engg..&Tech.) Courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B.Tech. (Dairy Technology) & B.Tech. (Food Technology) courses under the Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, B.Tech. (Food Technology) course under the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies])
- Architecture Course: B.Arch. (No Entrance Examination. Admission is based on merit as assessed by equal weightage to NATA Score and marks/grades in the Qualifying Examination), Pharmacy course (B.Pharm). Medical aspirants need to write the NEET 2019 examination in order to join Medical courses throughout Kerala. NEET is an online exam for Medical aspirants which is conducted throughout India by National Testing Agency (NTA). Click here to see what NEET 2019 exam is. Also, the NATA exam needs to be written by the candidates who wish to join B. Arch.
Online Application facility re-opens
Fresh applications are invited for Architecture and Medical Allied courses from all candidates who have already appeared for the NEET-UG-2019 and is an Indian Citizen of Non-Keralite category-II (NK-II). This is as per the Supreme Court Order in WP(C)No.380/2019 dated 10.05.2019. An Indian Citizen of Non-Keralite category II (NK-II) can apply for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges in Kerala irrespective of their domicile. All such candidates must submit their online application to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and upload any one of the documents viz. SSLC certificate/Birth Certificate/Passport/Election ID to prove their nationality. Candidates can visit the Link to Application facility (https://cee.kerala.gov.in/keamonline2019/public/) to register or login.
The link will be active from 13th May 2019 to 20th May 2019, 5:00 PM.
Online Application facility will reopen on 13.05.2019 to enable:
Non-Keralite (NK-II) candidates to apply for MBBS Course in self financing Colleges.
Candidates, who have already applied, to add Architecture and/or B.Pharm and/or Medical & Allied Courses to their applications.
Candidates, who have already applied, to upload supporting documents which are not already uploaded or are inadequate.
To NK-II category candidates who have already applied to CEE of KEAM 2019.
You can add the medical & allied course (eligible only for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges) if you wish to join in the Self Financing Medical Colleges in Kerala.
Fresh applications invited from Keralite and NK-I category candidates
Fresh applications are invited online from candidates of Keralite and Non Keralite-I category who have not yet submitted applications to the CEE under KEAM 2019 for admission to Architecture (B.Arch) and Medical & Allied courses (including MBBS & BDS) in the State. For Medical & allied courses - only those who have appeared in NEET-UG 2019 conducted by NTA. And for Architecture courses - those who have qualified in NATA 2019 conducted by Council of Architecture will be considered.
In the case of candidates who have already submitted applications under KEAM 2019 for admission to any of the courses such as Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy/Medical & Allied courses, facility has been made available for addition of courses such as Architecture or Medical & Allied courses, as applicable.
For Medical & allied courses, only those who have appeared in NEET-UG 2019 conducted by NTA and for Architecture courses, those who have qualified in NATA conducted by Council of Architecture will be considered.
How to applyI. Fresh Applications (Only for candidates who have not submitted any applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM 2019)
- As per WP(C) No.380/2019, NK-II category, candidates are eligible for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Colleges only, under the medical & allied courses group. Candidates must register through the link KEAM 2019-New Application provided in the website
- The online application link will take the candidate to a new page where the candidate can fill the application and submit it online.
- A Printout of confirmation page can be downloaded
- Visit the link for application on official website and login.
- Then by clicking the menu item, ‘Add Course’, NK-II category candidates can select and add the medical & allied course.
- Candidates can choose Pharmacy (only for those who have appeared in Paper I of Engineering Entrance Examination) or Medical & Allied courses (only for those who have appeared in NEET-UG 2019 conducted by NTA) or Architecture course (only for those who have qualified in NATA conducted by Council of Architecture) as per their choice.
As per WP(C)No.380/2019 dated 10/05/2019,Non Keralite Category-II are eligible for MBBS course in Private Self Financing Medical Colleges under medical & allied courses group. The allotment & admission will be based on the final judgment by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Payment of Application Fee:
The Application Fee for fresh applications can be paid by online payment or by e-chalan generated from the web page at the time of submission of online application.
In case of payment through e-chalan - Payment should be made in any of the Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala.
In the case of addition of course(s) to the existing application, the required additional fee is to be paid only through online.
Candidates who have already submitted application to the Commissioner for Entrance examinations under KEAM 2019 for ny of the courses such Engineering/Architecture/Pharmacy/Medical & Allied courses sh uld not submit fresh applications for admission to Ar hitecture/Medical & Allied courses. Such candidates can add the r uired course(s) in the already submitted application as per th r eligibility through the link ‘KEAM 2019-Candidate Portal’.
Candidates who have already submitted application to the Commissioner for Entrance examinations and not yet submitted the documents of Communal/ Special reservation and income certificate can also upload the documents. All the candidates are requested to go through the Government approved Prospectus for admission to Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Medical & Allied courses, available in the website (www.cee-kerala.org) , before submission of fresh application/course addition.
Key points which candidates should know regarding the KEAM 2019
- KEAM 2019 aspirants should apply for the exam and pay the required amount of fees before last week of February 2019.
- The application forms are released in online mode and should be submitted in online mode only.
- The CEE will conduct Entrance Examination for admission to Engineering Courses only.
- However, candidates seeking admission to B.Pharm. course shall have to appear for and qualify in Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
- The CEE will not conduct any Entrance Examination for admission to B.Arch. course and Medical & Allied courses.
- However, candidates seeking admission to B.Arch. course should compulsorily appear for and qualify in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) on or before 10.06.2019.
- Candidates seeking admission to any of the Medical & Allied courses should compulsorily appear for and qualify in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test-Under Graduate (NEET-UG) 2019.
- Only the candidates who successfully apply for the exam will be issues admit cards and will be eligible to write the exam.
- Candidates should pay the required fee to make the application process successful
Steps for Application process in brief
- Fill Application
- Pay Application Fee
- Upload Images and Certificates
- Print Confirmation Page.
Pre-requisites before starting the application process for KEAM
Below is a step to step guide on how to apply for application form of KEAM 2019
- Check the declaration box and click on Proceed for Registration
- Enter necessary details which include – Name, DOB, Email ID, Mobile number, Password and Access code.
- Click on Register
- After successful registration, a Confirmation of Registration’ page will be displayed. And candidate can click on ‘Confirm’ button
If any mistakes are found, press 'Edit' for correcting the data. Candidate will get a system generated Application Number. Write down the Application number and remember the password for future logins, to view results of examinations, to exercise option registration, to get allotment memo etc.
- Uploading Images
Photograph of Candidate:
- Colour photograph must be uploaded
- Photograph must be clicked with a light colour background, white is preferable.
- It must be taken in a professional studio. Photo taken by mobile phone/tab is not accepted.
- Photograph should be in passport size format.
- Front view of full face and shoulder portion of candidate should be seen clearly in the photograph
- Caps and dark glasses are not allowed in photographs.
Format JPG/JPEG format Dimensions 150 pixels width and 200 pixels height Size 10– 30 KB
Candidate’s name and date of photo taken should be printed at the bottom portion of the photograph with black letter and white background.Note
- If the face in the photograph is not clear or the image is not as per the above guideline, your application is liable to be rejected.
- A printed copy of the uploaded photo should be affixed on the specified place in the printout of the application and get it duly attested by a gazetted officer/head of institution where the candidate has last studied
- The uploaded photo and photo affixed on the printout of application should be identical. Otherwise application is likely to be rejected
Signature of Candidate
On a plain white sheet, the candidate should sign his/her signature with black/blue ink. Signature should be clear. Scan this signature and crop around the signature.
Format JPG/JPEG format Dimensions 150 pixels width and 100 pixels height Size 10– 30 KB
Left Thumb impression of Candidate:
Place left hand thumb on an ink pad. Put thumb impression on a white paper. Scan this paper and get the image of thumb impression cropped.
Left Thumb impression of Candidate
Format JPG/JPEG format Dimensions 150 pixels width and 100 pixels height Size 10– 30 KB
- Fill Application
All the basic information required for processing your application are to be filled at this step. Any mistake in filling this page or providing false/incomplete/wrong information may affect your eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under a category.
It is obligatory that you should fill all the mandatory items in the application.
- Select the course
- Select the examination centre for Engineering/Pharmacy Courses
- Enter personal details and academic details
- Preview and verify the entries made in application
- Click on 'Save & Preview' button to see the application details
- If any false information or mistake is found in any of the data entered or images uploaded, go back to Fill Application step by pressing Edit button.
- If all the entries made in the application are found correct and true during verification in the preview stage, candidate should agree with the statements shown under the 'Declaration'. Click both declaration and press ‘Final Submission’ to submit the filled online application ultimately.
Once the application is finally submitted, it cannot be modified.
- Pay Application Fee
- Click on 'Pay Application Fee' which will direct you to payment page. Two payment methods are available:
- Online Payment- Involves internet banking/Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- E-Challan- Using the “Print e-challan” link from the official website of KEAM 2019, print the e-challan and make payments in cash at All head and sub-post offices in Kerala.
Category Application fee ST Nil (exempted) SC INR 300 General INR 700
- When the mode of payment is e-Challan, the applicant needs to take a printout of e-Challan by using the link Print e-Challan.
- Payment can be made in cash at All Head and Sub Post Offices in Kerala state and Lakshadweep.
- e-Challan printout with money should be handed over to the post office The post office official will make necessary entries both in their online portal and e-Challan form.
- The e-Challan must be collected back from the post office official. It must be ensured that the official has recorded the Transaction ID pertaining to the payment on the candidate’s copy of the e-Challan and put the office stamp and his/her initials at the designated places on the counterfoil. An amount of Rs. 35/- has to be paid as service charge in addition to the Application Fee.
- Print Application:
link will be available only after successful completion of payment process. Take printout of application using the link ‘Print Application’.
Procedure to be followed after taking printout of the application:
- Affix a passport size (3.5 × 4.5 cm) photograph (this should be the copy of the uploaded photo), get it attested by a Government Gazetted Officer or the Head of the Institution where the candidate has last studied.
- Attach the self attested copy of Birth Certificate / SSLC / relevant page of Passport as a proof of Nativity, if the place of birth is mentioned in the certificate. If date of birth is marked, copy of any of this certificate can be attached as the date of birth proof also. If place of birth is not referred in the above certificates, obtain a ‘Nativity Certificate’ from the Village Officer.
- If candidate claimed any reservation, attach original community / Non-creamy layer Certificate as applicable obtained from the revenue authority.
- If income details are provided in the online application, attach original Income certificate obtained from the Village Officer.
- If claimed any special reservation / Person with Disability / Inter-caste in the online application, attach the relevant proof.
- If candidate has claimed, studied Sanskrit at Plus two level and opted Medical course in online application, attach Mark list or Course certificate showing second language as Sanskrit as a proof.
- Send Application and Supporting proof to CEE:
Enclose the application and all supporting documents in an A4 size envelope and send so as to reach the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations before the last date specified for receipt of application.
An Address Slip will be available along with the printout of the application. Glue the address slip on an A4 size envelope and enclose properly the completed application and supporting documents.
The application and supported documents should be arranged in the envelope in the following order:
- The first page of Printout of Application with photograph pasted (same as uploaded) dully attested by a Government Gazetted Officer/Head of Institution.
- Proof for Nativity.
- Proof for Date of Birth.
- Course Certificate in Original or Self Attested copy of Mark list, if claimed studied Sanskrit at plus two.
- Original Community/Non Creamy Layer Certificate, if communal reservation is claimed.
- Original Income Certificate, if desire to be considered for fee concession / EC status.
- Proof for Special Reservation, if claimed.
- Any other documents, if required.
KEAM 2019 application form along with the documents should be sent to:
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001, Kerala
Candidate can login to know his/her application status
KEAM Login window
In case the candidate forgot Password or Application number? Forgot Password?
If candidate cannot remember the password, he/she must click on the link ‘Forgot password’ to get new password. Candidate must type the Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID. (Email ID should match the mail address given at the time of Registration). After submitting the above information correctly, a new password will be sent to the registered Email ID. Do not disclose the password to others.
Forgot Application Number ?
If the applicant failed to write down/remember the Application number, it can be retrieved by providing the name, date of birth and password. All information given here should be same as those of the registration data. In order to regain the application number, select the menu ‘Forgot Application Number’, found on the left part of the screen.
Candidates can follow the steps given below to correct their application form.
Candidates can only correct their application forms in a particular time period given by the authorities along with submission of proper documents to back your corrections up.
- Visit the official website of CEE Kerala. (give the link)
- Click on the “KEAM 2019 application form correction” link.
- Enter your application number and DOB.
- Take at least 2 printouts of correction application form for further use.
Details that can be Corrected
The details that can be corrected through this option are listed below:
- Mobile Number
- Email address
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar number
- Other details indicated by the exam conducting authority