Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes under category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B can claim reservation in KCET examination.
Candidates claiming reservation under SC/ST and OBC category are required to submit the Caste certificate/Caste Income Certificate issued by the Jurisdictional Tahasildar. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and category-1 should produce Income Certificate.
Only candidates of Karnataka origin and who are claiming eligibility for Government seats in accordance with the Eligibility clause (a), (b),(f), (h), (j), (k), (l) and (o) shall be eligible to claim the benefit of reservation. The candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Eligibility clauses (c), (d), (e), (g), (i), (m), (n) are not eligible to claim the benefit of reservation.
Fee Exemption / Pay details
Fee Exemption / Pay details for SC / ST Karnataka candidates
|Category||Government Quota seats||Private seats (P) (College Codes ending with ‘P’ In case of Medical / Dental only)|
|SC / ST Annual Income Below 10.00 Lakhs||Exempted from paying fees for all the Government seats||Candidates has to pay the fees|
Fee Exemption / Pay details for Categoryt-1 Karnataka candidates
|Category||Government Quota seats (College Codes ending with ‘G’)||Private seats (P) (College Codes ending with ‘P’)|
|Annual Income Below 2.5 Lakhs||Exempted from paying fees for seats in Government colleges.
For Private colleges, fee will be collected by deducting such fees fixed in Government college seats.
|Candidates has to pay the fees|
Certificates to be submitted
The candidates need to submit the caste certificate during the document verification. The candidates belonging to SC/ST are required to provide income certificate in below prescribed format for exemption in tuition fees.
KCET Income Certificate Preview
- The candidates may contact the concerned department regarding fee exemption eligibility / reimbursement criteria.
- The SC, ST and Category-1 candidates are exempted from paying tuition fees, as prescribed in Vide GO No. 06-08-2014, if their annual income is less than Rs.2.5 lakhs, Please read the relevant Government orders for details.
- The other backward class candidates have to pay the fees to CET and they can apply for reimbursement from the Backward Class Department as per Government Order No. 22-11-2012 after admission to the concerned colleges. Please read the relevant Government orders for details.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor