KEA releases KCET Exam Pattern 2019 for the examination to be held on 29th and 30th of April 2019. The exam paper will have 180 Objective questions (MCQ) from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. KCET 2019 examination will be held in Offline mode and e Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets will be given to the candidates for marking answers. Candidate can answer the question by shading the circles on the OMR Answer Sheet. There will be no negative marking and each correct answer will fetch 1 mark. The syllabus for KCET mainly include the Class XI and XII syllabus. The complete exam pattern is given below for applicants reference.
KCET 2019 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the KCET Examination||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper based)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics|
|Duration of exam||1 hour 20 minutes for each test paper|
|Total Number of questions||
|Total marks||180 Marks (180 Q x 1 Mark) – if attempting Physics, Chemistry and Maths only
240 Marks (240 Q x 1 Mark) – if attempting Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology
|Marking scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking for incorrect or not attempted answers.|
|Question Paper Sets||Each question paper will be distributed in 16 sets (A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, C1, C2, C3, C4, D1, D2, D3, D4)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs) with 4 options|
|Language||English and Kannada|
|Syllabus||Questions from class 11th and 12th class syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.NCERT Prescribed Book|
Exam and Subjects for 1st year courses
|For Admission to 1st Year||Exam to appear in 2019|
|MBBS / BDS||UG NEET|
|AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy)|
|Naturopathy & Yoga||CET (PCB subjects)|
|Architecture||NATA/JEE – Paper - 2|
|Engineering||CET (PCM subjects)|
|Farm Science courses and B. Pharm||CET (PCMB subjects)|
|Veterinary||CET (PCB subjects)|
Guidelines on OMR
- OMR Answer sheet is candidates specific. It has CET Number, name of the candidate and version code printed on it.
- OMR answer sheets must be filled by Blue or Black Pen only. Use of pencil to mark bubbles is strictly prohibited.
- Do not partially fill or mark those bubbles outside its demonstrated areas.
- Four dots are present at the corners of OMR answer sheets called as “Index Points”. No scribbling of pen or pencil is allowed around its area (as highlighted in given picture). If any scribbling is found, that answer sheet will be strictly rejected and debarred for calculation of its result.
- Marking of multiple bubbles is allowed only of MCQ’s. If you mark more than one circle in a single choice question the answer will be considered as being wrong
- Do not make any stray marks on the OMR Sheet. Do not pin or staple anything with the OMR Sheet. OMR sheet should not be punched or tied.
- The OMR sheet should not be folded
KCET 2019 Questions and Marks Distribution
KCET 2019 Marking Scheme
|Wrong answer||No Marks|
|Unattempted question||No Marks|
Important Precautions To Be Taken While Writing / Shading Top Portion Of OMR Answer Sheet
- Initial 10 Minutes:
- In all the four sessions, the initial TEN minutes will be given for the candidates to write / shade the particulars such as Name, CET Number, Version Code and Serial number of the question booklet on the OMR answer sheets in the boxes provided.
- The candidates will have to mark correct options on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet, which will be supplied at the beginning of each session of the test. Each question will have only one correct answer.
- The candidate shall mark the correct answer by completely shading only one circle against a question number, using BLUE or BLACK ink ball point pen.
OMR answer sheets in which the candidates do not write / shade the correct CET Number and Version code on the OMR Answer Sheet will not be scanned and such candidates will not be assigned any rank.
- Next 70 Minutes:
- After the initial TEN minutes, 70 minutes will be given to a candidate for shading the answers on the bottom portion of the OMR answer sheet. On the bottom portion, there will be 60 rows corresponding to 60 questions.
- The candidates are required to shade only one circle corresponding to the correct answer.
The scanner is so sensitive to black and blue ink shades that even a slight residual ink mark or an unintended ink dot within a circle on the OMR answer sheet will be taken by it, as filled / shaded, at the time of scanning. Consequently, the candidate may lose marks. Therefore, please do not make any stray pen marks on the OMR answer sheets.
- End Of Paper For Each Session:
- The candidates are required to COMPULSORILY AFFIX THEIR LEFT HAND THUMB IMPRESSION in the space provided on the bottom portion of the OMR answer sheet of the upper with the ink-pad provided by the room Invigilator, after completion of each Session of the Test.
- However, they need not affix their thumb impression on the lower sheet i.e., the replica of the OMR answer sheet.
- Thereafter, the invigilators will detach the lower sheet from the upper sheet at the perforations and hand over the lower sheet replica to the candidates and candidates are allowed to carry the same with them.
The OMR answer sheets in respect of all the candidates who have affixed their left hand thumb impression will only be scanned and the results in respect of such candidates will be published. The OMR answer sheets in respect of candidates who have not affixed their left hand thumb impression, for any reason, will not be scanned. Also, the results in respect of such candidates will not be published.
How to Shade the right way?
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor