KCET 2019 - Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a state level entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) for admission to various undergraduate programmes such as Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Farm Science courses etc. Through this exam candidates can avail admissions in various colleges/institutions (both government and private) across Karnataka. The first KCET was started in the year 1984 and in the previous year more than 1.98 lakh candidates took the test.
What Is New This Year?
- The Government in its Order No. himvaka 304 BCA 2017 Bengaluru, date 14-09-2018, has enhanced the annual income limit from 6.00 Lakhs to 8.0’ Lakhs per annum for claiming reservation benefit. The candidate and his / her father’s - mother’s who’s Gross Annual Income is below Rs.8.00 Lakhs are eligible to claim benefit of reservation under 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories.
- Only candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course, Qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019; Have gone through any of the following curriculum with marks as prescribed below:
- Secured 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level examination;
- 5% of the seats in each college and in each course will be reserved as Supernumerary Quota in all Engineering Colleges. This quota is over and above the seat matrix issued by the Government. The tuition fee prescribed by the Government in that particular college will be waived off. The candidate has to pay the other fees only. This Supernumerary quota is not available for Architecture Course. All candidates including General Merit are eligible for allotment of seats under Supernumerary quota whose annual income of the family from all the sources is less than Rs.6.00 Lakhs
KCET 2019 Important Dates(Exam date Revised)
A calender of events released by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) consisting of Important events of the KCET exam like Online application release, exam date, admit card release, result, counselling and seat allotment dates is detailed here.
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET), a State level examination conducted by the State of Karnataka to provide admissions to UG level courses in the state. KEA organizes exam every year and the calendar of events for KCET 2019 is as follows:
|Start date to fill the registration form online||01/02/2019|
|Filling of Application Online for CET-2019||28/02/2019 up to 05:30 PM|
|Last date for application fee payment in the bank/e-post office||06/03/2019 (during banking hours)|
|Application form correction (only for paid candidates)||From 19/03/2019(11:00 AM) to 25/03/2019(up to 05:30 PM)|
|Admit Card download||16/04/2019 (from 11:00 AM)|
|KCET 2019 Examination for Mathematicsand Biology||29/04/2019
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:50 AM and 02:30 PM – 03:50 PM
|KCET 2019 Examination for Physics and Chemistry||30/04/2019
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:50 AM and 02:30 PM – 03:50 PM
|KCET Kannada Language test (ONLY for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)||01/05/2019
Time: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
To know more please visit KCET Important dates 2019.
KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of KCET 2019 consists of a set of requirements given by the KEA regarding the citizenship, qualifying exam, qualifying marks, subject combination, category, reservation etc. Candidates aspiring for KCET 2019 examination are advised to read the Eligibility criteria completely before applying for the exam. The criteria for KCET covers many important points such as Academic qualifications, age, nationality, marks/percentage.
Academic Eligibility for KCET as per CET-2006 Admission rules – Who can apply?
Nationality: No candidate shall be eligible for admission to Government Seats unless he is a citizen of India.
Qualifying examination board: The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than the universities listed in the notification at VTU Website are NOT eligible and candidates who have passed from Karnataka State Open University are also NOT eligible.
A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 2nd PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 whose result is awaited, may apply and appear for Common Entrance Test 2019 but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to any of the course specified in 1 above, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks.
The educational qualifications / eligibility criteria prescribed by the Competent Authority in regulations / guidelines issued from time to time will be applicable in deciding the eligibility.
For more information, visit KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
KCET 2019 Application Form
Candidates who aspire for KCET 2019 need to apply for the exam well within the prescribed time. The Application form for KCET 2019 will be released by KEA on 1st February 2019 . Candidates who aspire to apply for KCET are required to read the eligibility criteria of KCET thoroughly and then apply for the exam. It is advised to take a printout of the application form and practice form filling so that there wouldn’t be any confusions during actual application form filling.
The entire Online Application form process can be completed in 2 phases
Phase I : Candidates will fill the details and can edit the data any number of times and also can take the draft printouts before selecting the declaration.
Phase II : The candidates have to select the declaration after confirming themselves that there are no changes to be incorporated or all the entries made by them in the online application are correct.
For complete details Please check KCET 2019 Application form.
KCET 2019 Time Table
KCET exam notification is yet to be officially released by KEA. The time table will consist of the day, date and timings for each exam of each subjects. For now, the tentative exam dates are released and according to which the exam will be conducted in the month of May 2019. A Kannada language test will also be conducted for both Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannada candidates. Exam will be conducted for all the four subjects in 2 days.
|29/04/2019||Monday||10:30 AM – 11:50 AM||Biology||60|
|02:30 PM – 03:50 PM||Mathematics||60|
|30/04/2019||Tuesday||10:30 AM – 11:50 AM||Physics||60|
|02:30 PM – 03:50 PM||Chemistry||60|
To know more please visit KCET 2019 Time Table
KCET 2019 Exam Centres
Exam centres for KCET 2019 consists of those colleges throughout Karnataka which act as venue for writing the exam. Exam centres for KCET 2019 is yet to be released officially but the tentative list of exam centres is given below. Read on and choose the exam centre that is nearby and fill the application form with appropriate choice.
54 exam centres will be allocated for KCET exam across Karnataka and Kannada test will be conducted in Bengaluru.
For more information, visit KCET 2019 Exam centres
KCET 2019 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
The admit card/hall ticket of KCET 2019 consists of important details that should be known by the candidates. KCET 2019 exam will be held in the month of May 2019 tentatively and admit card for the same will be released in 1st or 3rd week of April 2019. Applicants are requested to download the admit card from the official website of KEA and read it carefully. In case of any mistake they must bring it to the notice of respective authority.
Steps to download KCET 2019 Admit Card
- Go to KEA official website
- Login using User ID and Password. Click on Login button.
- Click on "KCET Hall Ticket" link available on the left-hand side of the page.
- The Admit card downloading page will pop up again. Click on "Download Hall Ticket"
- Lastly Download the Hall Ticket and stick the photo.
To know more please visit KCET 2019 Admit card/hall ticket.
KCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The KCET exam pattern consists of details about mode of exam, type of marking, total marks, type of questions, duration of exam, etc. Keep reading for details
KCET 2019 examination will be held in Offline mode and e Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets will be given to the candidates for marking answers. Candidate can answer the question by shading the circles on the OMR Answer Sheet. There will be no negative marking and each correct answer will fetch 1 mark. The syllabus for KCET mainly include the Class XI and XII syllabus. The complete exam pattern is given below for applicants reference.
KCET 2019 Marking Scheme
|Wrong answer||No Marks|
|Unattempted question||No Marks|
For more information, visit KCET 2019 exam pattern.
KCET 2019 Syllabus
It consists of the chapters/concepts the KCET candidates need to focus on in order to crack KCET 2019. Syllabus for KCET 2019 exam is same as Class XI and Class XII syllabus prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Engineering aspirants must take up Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whereas Medical aspirants must take up NEET examination for medical admission. The aspirants for Architecture courses must compulsorily appear for the NATA or JEE Paper-2 Examination.
For complete details Please check Entire syllabus of KCET 2019.
KCET Previous Year Question Papers
Solving a number of question papers helps the candidate a lot by providing insights on how questions are framed and how to manage time. It gives knowledge of various questions, so to help candidates solve the exam papers we are providing with 15 sets of previous year exam papers here.
For more information, visit KCET Previous Year Question Papers.
KCET 2019 Answer Key
The answer key for KCET 2019 will consist of correct answers for each of the questions asked in the KCET exam. Answer key for the KCET 2019 exam will be released online in the month of May 2019 tentatively. The link to the official KCET answer key 2019 will be published here as soon as it is released by KEA.
Answer key is released in two phases wherein the candidate can raise objection/ challenge the response which will be verified by the authorities.
- The Provisional Answer Keys: The Candidates can go through the Answer Keys and in case of any challenges, the candidates can submit their response and claim it through mail or post to KEA Board.
- The Final Master Answer Keys: which will be the final decision of the Board and it cannot be changed.
To know more please visit KCET 2019 Answer key
KCET 2019 Results
KCET Result 2019 will be announced after the release of KCET answer keys. Candidates can challenge the response after which final answer key will be published and result will be declared. Ranking will be based on 12th marks and performance in the KCET 2019 exam. The scorecard will be valid for 1 year only.
Steps to check KCET 2019 Results
- Visit the official KCET 2019 website and navigate to the Result section.
- Enter Registration Number and the mentioned Captcha
- Click on Submit button.
- Download the result displayed online and retain a hard copy of the same required for further correspondence.
For more information, visit KCET 2019 Results
KCET 2019 Cutoff
KCET Cutoff 2019 is the minimum marks that should be obtained by the candidate to pass the exam. The cutoff will be available in PDF format which can be downloaded from the main website once it is released. KCET Cut Off is determined by KEA once the results are declared. Cut off determines the eligibility of candidates for Counselling and admission. Candidates who have obtained cut off can register for counselling and choose their preferred college and course. Cutoff will be different for different courses and colleges based on the ranks, reservations and category etc
Main determining factors for KCET Cut off
- Total number of seats available
- The number of students appearing for KCET 2019
- The performance of Candidate in the examination
- Difficulty level of Karnataka CET 2019 examination
- Previous Year Cutoff Trends
For complete details Please check KCET 2019 Cutoff.
KCET 2019 Participating Institutes/colleges
This refers to the colleges/institutions all throughout Karnataka which accept the KCET 2019 score for admission into their colleges. KCET 2019 is one of important and main exam of Karnataka offering admission to various Professional degree courses and in the counselling of KCET. 222 Engineering college located across the state of Karnataka are offering Engineering course, 39 Agriculture and Farm Science colleges offering Agriculture course and 47 ISMH colleges are offering Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy across Karnataka. Refer below for the complete list of participating institutes/colleges along with College code.
For more information, visit KCET 2019 Participating Colleges
KCET 2019 Counselling
KCET 2019 counselling is an important process specially for the candidates who crack the KCET examination. The KCET exam is conducted for the admission of students to various undergraduate programmes such as Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Farm Science courses etc. The admission process is preceded by KCET Counselling which is conducted in the 1st or 2nd week of June 2019 after the declaration of KCET result. KCET counselling is done in two parts,
- In Offline mode the qualified students will be called for the document verification and seat allotment process. During which the candidates should carry their original documents with multiple attested photocopies.
- In Online mode the candidates should go through the option entry process, where they select courses and institutions according to their priority. After counselling the seats are allotted in the candidate prioritize institutions in Online mode.
To know more please visit KCET 2019 counselling
KCET 2019 Seat Allotment
Seat allotment consists of locking of options i.e. choosing of colleges by the qualified candidates followed by allotment of seat to them. KEA will issue the KCET 2019 College Allotment according to the ranks and seats available.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority will also conduct a Mock Seat Allotment round for the benefit of all the eligible candidates. Candidates need to log in to download their seat allotment letter. Candidates who are qualified should visit the allotted institute for verification copy, Unique Secret Keyword and the print out of the seat allotment letter.
Steps to download the KCET 2019 Allotment Order
- Click here for KCET 2019 Allotment Order (link will be published after released by KEA).
- Enter your details like Hall ticket/admit card number and Password.
- Then, your admission letter is displayed on the screen.
- Download the document.
- Take a printout of the allotment order and preserve it for future use.
For complete details Please check KCET 2019 Seat Allotment
KCET 2019 Reservation Criteria
The KEA has given the reservation facility for people belonging to certain category which is listed below. KEA follows reservation policies based on the State Government policies. KCET reserves certain seats for the candidates falling in the various categories and seat allotment will be done based the availability of seats, candidate’s choice and the category they belong to. The various categories that can claim reservation in KCET is as follows
- Rural quota
- Kannada Medium quota
- Jammu and Kashmiri Migrants quota
- Quota for OBC/SC/ST under category- 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B Reservation
- Sports Special Category quota
- Scouts and Guides quota
- PWD quota
- NCC Category quota
- Supernumerary Quota(SNQ)
- Hyderabad Karnataka Region quota
- Defence Personnel of Karnataka Origin quota
- Ex-Defence Personnel of Karnataka Origin quota
- Central Armed Police Force quota
- Ex-Central Armed Police Force quota
- Anglo-Indian quota
To know more please visit KCET 2019 Reservation Criteria
KCET 2019 Helpline Numbers and Contact Details
If the candidates applying for KCET 2019 come up with any queries regarding the exam process, they can directly contact the concerned authorities through the helpline numbers provided by them. Parents of the candidates can also raise questions and get it solved. It is advised for the candidates and their parents to get the doubts/queries cleared as early as possible to avoid confusions in the future.
KCET 2019 Contact Details
|KCET 2019 Address|
18th Cross, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore – 560012
|KCET 2019 Website|
|KCET 2019 Email|
|KCET 2019 Phone Number|
|080 - 23460460|
|KCET 2019 Fax|
For more information, visit KCET 2019 Helpline and contact number details.