JIPMER 2019 Counselling for MBBS aspirants who are eligible will begin on 26th June, 2019. Candidates can attend counselling to gain admission to MBBS course. Applicants who are eligible to JIPMER Counselling rounds will have their names added in the Merit list prepared by exam authority. Only those candidates will be required to attend the counselling at the institute at their own cost on the notified date. Individual letters will NOT be sent to the selected candidates and to those who are placed in the waiting list.
PwD Candidates should attend the medical examinationone day advance before the day of counselling scheduled in order to certify their eligibility against this category.
The process for counselling and steps, rounds are given below.
|Sl No.||Catagory||Date||Reporting Time||Venue|
|1||UR/PwD and P-PwD||26/06/2019||8:00 AM||JIPMER Academic Centre,JIPMER,Puducherry-06|
|3||Puducherry – UR/OBC/SC/ST &NRI/OCI||28/06/2019|
Reporting time for PwD and P-PwD candidates – Medical Board
|Reporting Time||9:00 AM|
|Venue||JIPMER Academic Centre, JIPMER, Puducherry - 06|
The candidates are shortlisted on provisional basis for first counselling. Candidates will have to attend verification before proceeding to counselling. The verification will include – biometric finger print verification, Photo and certificates verification. The process for counselling and steps, rounds are given below.
- Biometric Finger Print Verification
- Photo Verification
- Certificate Verification
Documents to be carried for JIPMER Counselling
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format prescribed.
- Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the prescribed format.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Migration Certificate
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non resident Indian: Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Overseas citizen of India: Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
JIPMER 2019 Counselling Process
- The candidate called for counselling should report at venue site at the correct time on the date.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counselling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the institution.
- The candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre representative/invigilator
- Rank letter should be preserved and to be brought till final counselling
- Proof of DOB (Birth certificate or X Std. Certificate)
- Pass certificate of the qualifying examination
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination
- Character and Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue authority not below the rank of Tahsildar
- In case of OBC/SC/ST, a Community certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Transfer certificate from the Head of the institution last studied
- Migration certificate
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence certificate/Employer certificate as required is necessary
- Medical certificate in case of PwD candidate
- Six Recent Passport size colour photographs
- For NRI: Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- For Overseas Citizen of India: Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India.
If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazette Officer should be produced.
- If the candidates’ Biometric finger print, image and certificates are found in order, he/she is eligible to attend the counselling.
It is mandatory for the candidates to be physically present i.e., in person for counselling on the day. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counselling in person, she/he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
- In the counselling process, the seats to be filled by General (UR) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) & Persons with Disability (PwD) would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counselling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST, OBC or EWSs
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counselled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. (During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBS/EWSs who had taken admission under open (UR) of his/her choice, he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit)
- In case, during the counselling any ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then this seat will be made available to the eligible general category candidate. Similarly, in case the EWSs/OBC/SC/PwD category seat remains vacant after calling all eligible EWSs/OBC/SC/PwD category candidates then this vacant seat shall be made available and filled by the eligible general category candidate.
- In case, during the counselling any P-ST seat remains vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of P-ST category) then this seat will be made available to the eligible P-UR candidate. Similarly, in case the P-EWSs/P-OBC/P-SC/P-PwD category seat remains vacant after calling all eligible P-EWSs/P-OBC/P-SC/P-PwD category candidates then this vacant seat shall be made available and filled by the eligible P-UR candidate.
JIPMER 2019 First Counselling
The first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled (tentative) as detailed below:
|SI. No.||Order of Category||Counselling date (tentative)|
|1||PwD & P-PwD (Medical examination)||25/06/2019|
|2||UR/EWSs/PwD & P-PwD||26/06/2019|
|4||Puducherry-UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWSs & NRI/OCI||28/06/2019|
- In each category the total number of candidate to be called for counselling will be 10 times the number of seats available in each category.
- If a candidate has opted/chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/she will not be allowed to change to JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa i.e sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa. He/She will not be eligible for the second counselling.
- If a candidate who has not opted/chosen in the first counselling. He/She will be eligible to attend the second counselling.
JIPMER 2019 Second Counselling
- Second counselling will be held, if seats are vacant, on 24th July 2019 tentatively.
- No intimation will be sent to anyone personal. Be sure to check the website regularly
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counselling will forfeit his/her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counselling
- A candidate who was present at the time of first counselling but does not opt/exercise option at his/her category rank will be eligible to attend second counselling.
- The candidates will be called for second counselling depends upon the availability of seats vacant in each category.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counselling due to candidate’s not opting/joining, will be available for the third counselling (Tentative date – 21.08.2019)
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counselling due to candidate’s not opting/joining, will be available for the final counselling (Tentative date – 26.09.2019)
- All candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this final counselling irrespective of their previous attendance.
- If a candidate is withdrawing his/her seat before or after issue of the admission order, a penalty of Rs. 10,000/- will be imposed and fees paid will not be refunded, unless he/she is found medically disqualified.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor