Seat Allotment is conducted under JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) in online mode and candidates are required to register for the same 16th June 2019 till 25th June 2019.The candidates must register for JEE Main Counselling online following which they must choose their choices and lock them online.There would be 7 rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
Seat allotment would begin once the choices are locked. It is the 3rd step in the overall Counselling and Seat Allotment phase. Candidates will be allotted seats based the choices made by them and the availability of seats. Two rounds of mock allotment will be executed so that the applicants are familiar with the process.
Result for 7th Round Seat Allotment has been released. The closing and opening ranks PDF for all the rounds so far is given in the table below. Candidates can go to JoSAA website and click on View Seat Allotment Result of Round 7 to check the allotment status.
The results for all the 7 rounds of counselling and seat allotment has been released.
Submit Withdrawal Request
Results for 6th round seat allotment has been announced and if candidates who has been allotted seats want to withdraw, they can do so by visiting the link – Submit Seat Withdrawal Requeston the JoSAA website.
Seat Allotment Statistics
|Rounds||Closing and Opening Rank||Institute wise seat allotment|
|Round-1||Closing and opening rank(Round-1)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-1)|
|Round-2||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-2)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-2)|
|Round-3||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-3)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-3)|
|Round-4||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-4)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-4)|
|Round-5||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-5)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-5)|
|Round-6||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-6)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-6)|
|Round-7||Closing and Opening Rank(Round-7)||Institute wise seat allotment(Round-7)|
Partitioning of Candidates
With respect to Seat Allocation, qualified candidates are partitioned into different categories, presence or absence of disability and nationality. On the basis of category, candidates are partitioned as – GEN, GEN-EWS, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC, SC-PwD, ST, ST-PwD, Foreign.
Apart from category, candidates are also assigned a state code of eligibility while allocating seats for NITs, IIEST and Other – GFTIs.
What is State code of eligibility?
State code of eligibility means the code of the state from where the candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination by virtue of which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2019.
If a candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, the candidate’s state code of eligibility will be from where the candidate first passed the Class XII (or equivalent) examination and NOT the state from where the candidate has appeared for improvement.
For Indian nationals passing the Class XII (or equivalent) examination from an institution abroad, the state code of eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as given in the passport of the candidate.
The state code of eligibility of OCI/PIO passing Class XII (or equivalent) examination in India is at par with Indian nationals. However, OCI/PIO passing the Class XII (or equivalent) examination from an institution abroad are eligible for Other State quota seats or All India quota seats (but NOT for Home State quota seats) in all NITs, IIEST and Other – GFTIs
The state code of eligibility does not depend upon the native place or the place of residence of the candidate.
Division of Seats Into Program-Sections
The category tags of candidates who are eligible for various Program-Sections are as shown in the table below:
|Program-Section||Category tag(s) of eligible candidates|
|Open||GEN, GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, GEN-PwD, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD|
|OPEN-PwD||GEN-PwD, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD|
Apart from Category based division of program seats, The seats offered at NITs, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur are divided into Home State quota and Other States quota. “Other States Quota” includes all the States and Union Territories EXCEPT the Home State [or Home Union Territory].
Sequence in which Seat Categories are considered for Seat Allocation
The table given below shows the business rules for seat allocation for the following:
- All candidates to academic programs at the IIT's and IIIT's (Triple-I-Ts)
- Home State candidates to academic programs at the NITs, excluding the candidates whose Home State is Andhra Pradesh for academic programs at NIT Warangal,Home State candidates to academic programs at Birla Institute of Technology Mesra and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur.
- Other States candidates to academic programs at the NITs, excluding the candidates whose Home State is Andhra Pradesh for academic programs at NIT Warangal. Other States candidates to academic programs at Birla Institute of Technology Mesra and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur.
- All candidates to academic programs at Other-GFTIs, excluding those whose Home State is Assam to academic programs at Assam University, Silchar.
|SI. No.||Candidate’s category tag||Rank list(s) in which the candidate appears||Sequence of Seat Categories for allocation|
|6||Gen-EWS-PwD||CRL CRL-PwD Gen-EWS Gen-EWS-PwD||
|7||Gen-EWS-PwD||CRL-PwD Gen-EWS Gen-EWS-PwD||
|11||OBC-NCL-PwD||CRL CRL-PwD OBC-NCL OBC-NCL-PwD||
|12||OBC-NCL-PwD||CRL-PwD OBC-NCL OBC-NCL-PwD||
|16||SC-PwD||CRL CRL-PwD SC SC-PwD||
|17||SC-PwD||CRL-PwD SC SC-PwD||
|20||ST-PwD||CRL CRL-PwD ST ST-PwD||
|21||ST-PwD||CRL-PwD ST ST-PwD||
JEE Advanced applicants will have to register on JoSAA website and initiate JEE Advanced Counselling process, Applicants must enter their choice of institute and course and lock them.
Step 1: Online Registration
Candidates will have to register on JoSAA website in online mode by entering roll number and password in order to participate in JEE Main 2019 counselling and seat allotment rounds.
Step 2: Online Choice Filling & Locking
Candidates must fill and lock the choices in order of the preference of colleges and B.E/B.Tech programmes. Seat allotment will be done based on the choices entered.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
Seat allotment is done based on the availability of seats, merit and preference entered by the candidates. After which two mock allotment rounds will carried out to help the candidates familiarize with the process
Step 4: Payment of Fee & Seat Acceptance
Once the seat is allotted, candidates will have to choose any one of the following options :
- Freeze:If candidates are satisfied with seat allotted to them and do not wish to participate in further rounds, they will have to choose this option.
- Float:In case, candidates need to keep the seat allotted and also wish to upgrade their seat, they must follow this option.
- Slide:If candidates accept the seat allotted and wish to upgrade the course in the same institute, they will have to stick to this option.
- Withdraw:If candidates have already accepted the seat, they can withdraw the seat by reporting at the institute allotted before the last round of seat allotment.
To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay the fees through SBI Net Banking or e-Challan. The seat acceptance fee (SAF) is Rs 45,000 for all the candidates except SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD. Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ SC-PwD/ ST-PwD/ GEN-PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD categories will have to pay Rs. 20,000 as SAF.
Step 5: Verification of Documents
The following documents need to be produced at the time of verification:
- 3 passport size photographs (the same as uploaded during registration)
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
- Photo identity card
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- Date of birth proof
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Step 6: Final Reporting at the Allotted Institute
Once verification is done, candidates will have to report at the allotted institute and pay the balance fees in the institute, confirm the admission.
JEE Main 2019 Special Round Counselling
CSAB will be conducting a special round of counselling for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs after the conclusion of JoSAA 2019 seat allotment. Candidates who have successfully completed their JEE Main 2019 examination and secured valid scores are eligible to participate in this round. The registration for CSAB 2019 special round for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs will commence tentatively from last week of July in online mode.
Multiple Student – Same Rank Rule
If a situation arise where there is less number of seats available under a particular category in an academic program than the number of candidates with same category-wise rank, then all those candidates seeking admission will be offered seats by creating a requisite number of supernumerary seats.
Provisional Offer of Seat
When a candidates is allocated a seat then he/she is allowed to download the “Provisional Seat Allocation Letter” and an e-challan for remittance of seat acceptance fee.
As the admission fee varies across the institutes/categories of candidates, only seat acceptance fee has to be remitted at the time of seat acceptance.
Seat Acceptance fee
|Category||Fees to be paid|
|SC,ST, GEN-PwD, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwDor ST-PwD||Rs. 15,000/-|
|For all other Categories (except the above mentioned categories)||Rs. 35,000/-|
Mode to remit seat acceptance fee – e-challan of SBI or SBI Net Banking or SBI Debit card
The candidate should remit the seat acceptance fee and report at a reporting centre for document verification before the last date/time specified, failing to report will be considered as if the candidate has rejected the offer. Seat confirmation will be done by the reporting centre after the verification of original documents and ensuring that the candidate meets all the eligibility norms.
Candidates who want to reject the allocated seat can do so as follows:
- By NOT remitting the seat acceptance fee [and hence, not report at the reporting centre]
- If the seat acceptance fee has already been remitted, by not reporting at the Reporting Centre. Seat acceptance fee will be refunded to such candidates.
Candidates who reject allocated seat cannot participate any more in Joint Seat Allocation for the ensuing academic year 2019-20
Documents to be Submitted at the Reporting Centre
The candidates must bring a set of Original documents given below along with a set of self-attested photocopies for seat acceptance. And the documents must be arranged in the given order. Once the verification is completed, the reporting centre will retain the photocopies and return the original documents.
- Three passport size photographs identical to the one uploaded during JEE (Main) 2019 registration
- Class XII performance check (the format is given below)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Undertaking by the candidate (the format is given below)
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment by online net banking of State Bank of India (SBI), debit cards issued ONLY by SBI and E-Challan by SBI (For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 15,000/-& For others: Rs. 35,000/-)
- Photo identity card (issued by govt. agency/last attended school/Class XII admit card)
- Admit card of JEE (Main) 2019
- Score card of JEE (Main) 2019 which is downloaded from JEE (Main) portal
- Date of birth proof (Class X mark sheet)
- ClassXII (or equivalent) board mark sheet. If available, pass certificate
- “State code of eligibility” is determined using qualifying examination certificate
- Indian nationals who passed the qualifying examination from Nepal/Bhutan or an institution abroad must bring passport. Permanent address given in the passport will determine state code
- The candidates having Senior Secondary Certificate from the National Open School must bring the proof of place of examination center of the final examination to determine the state code
- Medical certificate (the format is given below)
- Category certificate (GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable
- Refer state-wise central list of Scs ( http://socialjustice.nic.in/UserView/index?mid=76750 )
- Refer state-wise central list of STs ( https://tribal.nic.in/ST/LatestListofScheduledtribes.pdf )
- The OBC-NCL certificate should be dated on or after April 1, 2019. The certificate should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to non-creamy layer and the caste of the candidate must be in the state-wise central list of OBCs ( http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx )
- The GEN-EWS certificate should be dated on or after April 1, 2019
- Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable. The certificate will be rejected if the disability is less than 40%
- OCI certificate or PIO card, if applicable
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
Class XII Performance Check Format
Medical Certificate Format
Switchover between Float, Slide and Freeze
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor