JEE Main 2020 exam (January) results will be declared on 31st January 2020 by National Testing Agency (NTA) on the official website. Candidates who attempted the exam can login and check their results when the results are declared. Eligible candidates can attend counselling conducted by JoSAA and gain admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs/SFTIs. The top 2 lakh candidates will also be eligible to take up JEE Advanced examination. First, the provisional answer keys will be displayed along with the question papers before the announcement of results. The exam will be conducted for the 2nd time in the month of April 2020. It must be noted that there are few changes incorporated for the exam in the current year.
JEE Main Result Login Window
Contents of the Scorecard is as follows:
Candidate's roll number
Candidate's Date of birth
Father & Mother’s name
State code of eligibility
Category and Nationality
Marks obtained in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM))
Total marks obtained
All India Rank (AIR)
Qualifying Status for JEE Advanced 2019
Sample Paper I Scorecard
Steps to check NTA Paper 1 score
Click on ‘JEE(Main) January 2020 NTA Score’
Enter Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin
Click on ‘Login’
NTA Score for Paper-1 and Paper-2
Following shall be applicable for both the attempts.
NTA will display Answer Keys & recorded responses of multiple choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 on the NTA’s website www.jeemain.nic.in, once the JEE (Main)-2020 examinations are done. The date shall be displayed on the NTA’s website.
The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. No grievance with regard to answer key(s) after declaration of result of JEE (Main)-2020 will be entertained.
Evaluation of multiple choice questions of Paper-1 and Paper-2 will be carried out using final answer keys and the raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of JEE (Main)-2020.
For multi-shift papers, raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts/sessions will be converted to NTA Score.
The detailed procedure based on NTA Score being adopted is available on NTA’s website.
The candidates, who are not satisfied with the recorded response, may challenge by filling online application form and paying processing charges of Rs.1000/- per question.
The challenge of answer keys will also be accepted online only through the link available on the website www.jeemain.nic.in by paying processing charges of Rs.1000/- per question. The fee can be paid by credit/debit card. The fee once paid is non-refundable.
The NTA’s decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
JEE Main Rank Lists
The following types of rank lists will be prepared:
- Common rank list (CRL): It includes candidates who are assigned the tag GEN, GEN-EWS, GEN-PwD, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC, SC-PwD, ST or ST-PwD.
- GEN-EWS rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag GEN-EWS or GEN-EWS-PwD.
- OBC-NCL rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag OBC-NCL or OBC-NCL-PwD.
- SC rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag SC or SC-PwD.
- ST rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag ST orST-PwD.
- CRL-PwD rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, or ST-PwD.
- GEN-EWS-PwD rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag GEN-EWS-PwD.
- OBC-NCL-PwD rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag OBC-NCL-PwD.
- SC-PwD rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag SC-PwD.
- ST-PwD rank list: It includes candidates who are assigned the tag ST-PwD.
Rank lists for admission to NITs, IIEST, IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and Other-GFTIs are prepared by the JEE Apex Board as follows:
- One set of ten rank lists based on the performance of candidates in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-1 (B.E. / B.Tech.).
- Another set of ten rank lists based on the performance of candidates in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-2 (B.Arch.)
- Another set of ten rank lists based on the performance of candidates in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-3 (B.Planning.)
All the candidates who appeared for JEE (Main) 2020 are considered while preparing rank lists and are allowed to fill-in their choices. The rank lists provided by the JEE Apex Board will be used as such without any change even if two or more candidates have the same rank; in other words, JoSAA 2020 will NOT apply any tie-breaking norms/ rules.
Please note that a candidate may appear in one or more rank lists
Compilation and display of Result of Result of B.E./B.Tech (for January session)
NTA scores will be calculated based on the raw marks obtained by a candidate as the JEE Main (January) examination is conducted in multi-shifts. The calculated NTA scores for all the shifts/sessions will be declared by 31st January, 2020. This result will have the four NTA scores for each of the three subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) and the total in B.E./B.Tech of January JEE (Main)–2020
Compilation and display of Result of B.Arch and B.Planning (for January session)
NTA scores will be calculated based on the raw marks obtained by a candidate as the JEE Main (January) examination is conducted in multi-shifts and it will be declared by 31st January, 2020. This shall comprise of four NTA scores for each of the three parts (Mathematics, Aptitude Test, Drawing Test or Planning Based Test) and total in B.Arch/B.Planning of January JEE(Main)-2020.
- All participating institutes that do not use the Centralized Seat Allocation Process will prepare their own ranking based on the performance in JEE (Main)-2020 and other criteria as decided by them.
- Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)/Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to NITs/ IIITs/ CFTIs/ SFIs/ Others.
- The All India Rank shall be compiled and declared after conduct of April JEE(Main)-2020 Examination. There shall be no provision for re-valuation/re-checking of the Score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is an examination conducting body and not an admission giving authority. Therefore, NTA does not collect the information regarding total number of seats available in the institutions, or the eligibility and reservation criteria followed by the institutions.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor