Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced), formerly the Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) is an annual engineering college entrance examination in India. The IIT under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) for the year 2019. There are seven zonal IITs (IIT Roorkee, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, and IIT Guwhati) under guidance of the JAB. The examination is organised each year by one of the various IITs, on a round robin rotation pattern. It is recognised as one of the toughest examinations in the world and is one of the most difficult examinations of India to crack. In the year 2013 the IIT-JEE, was renamed to JEE (Advanced), along with the AIEEE being renamed to JEE(Main). From 2017, IITs started conducting JEE internationally to give admission to international students.
IIT – Roorkee is conducting JEE Advanced examinations for 2019.
JEE Advanced Important Dates 2019
The calendar of events for JEE Advanced will include all the important events like – Availability of application form online, submission of the form, admit card release, JEE advanced examination date, result declaration, counselling and admission.
The list of JEE Advanced 2019 important dates is given below
|Registration for JEE Advanced 2019||03/05/2019 – 09/05/2019|
|Last date to submit JEE Advanced 2019 Application form||10/05/2019|
|Admit Card available for downloading||20/05/2019 – 27/05/2019|
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||29/05/2019 (10:00 AM) – 01/06/2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Online display of answer keys||04/06/2019|
|Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||04/06/2019 (10:00 AM) – 05/06/2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Declaration of Results||14/06/2019 (10:00 AM)|
|Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||14/06/2019 (10:00 AM) – 15/06/2019 (05:00 PM)|
|Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||17/06/2019|
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Important Dates.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates who aspire to study in IIT must ensure that they are eligible to attend the JEE Advanced exam and also secure the minimum marks to get admission.
The eligibility criteria for JEE Advance 2019 include - JEE Main Score, Nationality, Age, qualifying exam (Class XII or equivalent) and qualifying marks
1) Performance in JEE Main: Candidates should be among the top 2,24,000* (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2019
The percentages of various categories of candidates vary based on the category they belong to :
The remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
2) Nationality: All Indian citizens, and foreign nationals (including OCI/PIO) are eligible provided they clear Paper-I of JEE Main 2019.
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2019
The application procedure of JEE Advanced in brief:
- Online registration and Form filling
- Documents uploading
- Payment of Registration Fees
To apply for JEE Advanced 2019, candidates must first register themselves, and then proceed to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2019.
For complete details Please check JEE Advanced 2019 Application Form.
JEE Advanced Time Table 2019
IIT Roorkee will look after the JEE Advanced Examination and Admission process for the year 2019. And the exam will be held on 27th May 2019 for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 in two sessions. The duration would be 3 hours for each session. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs.
|Date of examination||Paper||Timings||Duration|
|27/05/2019||Paper 1||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||3 hours|
|27/05/2019||Paper 2||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||3 hours|
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Time Table.
JEE Advanced Exam Centres 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Centres – JEE Advanced exam will be in select cities and candidates must choose 5 exam centres of their choice. Refer the list below based on different zones of IIT.
The JEE Advanced examination will be conducted by IIT Roorkee and it will be held across select cities and town both in India and Abroad on 27th May, 2019. Candidates must choose 5 exam centres/cities/towns from a zone of their choice at the time of online registration. Request for change of city / town will NOT be entertained under any circumstance.
Tentative list of JEE Advanced 2019 exam centres is given below:
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Centres.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2019
The Admit card for JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be released on official website on 20th May 2019 online. Please note that admit card will not be sent through Post or any other means. The candidate must download and take a print of the same and bring the same along with valid ID proof to the examination hall.
Steps to download JEE Advanced 2019 Admit card/Hall ticket:
- Go to official website - www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link - “Download Admit card for JEE Advanced 2019” (link shall be updated later)
- Enter Registration Number, Date of Birth, Email ID and Phone Number
- Click on "login"
- Download JEE Advanced Admit Card and take its print out
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 exam will be conducted online on 27th May 2019 for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates must attempt both the papers.
Examination will be held for 2 sessions for 3 hours each. Both the papers are divided into 3 sections. Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of the standard 10+2 level.
For Architecture students: Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) will be held for those candidates who want to pursue B.Arch course. There will be only one paper comprising of three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing Test. It will be a Pen and Paper based(Offline) test.
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Pattern.
JEE Advanced Answer Keys 2019
Answer key for JEE Advanced 2019 will be released after JEE Advanced exam (27/05/2019) in 1st or 2nd week of June 2019 by IIT Roorkee. The official JEE Advanced answer key 2019 will be released separately for Paper I and Paper II, as per the respective codes. And candidates can raise/submit their objections/feedback/comments. Optical response sheets (ORS) will also be sent to the registered email IDs, before the release of the JEE Advanced answer key 2019 so that candidates can check their recorded responses.
How to download JEE Advanced Answer Key 2019?
- Go to the given links below in the table as per the code and the paper you have appeared in and click on the respective link.
- Open the answer key of JEE Advanced 2019 and compare your responses with the responses on the answer key.
- This will give candidates an idea about their expected/probable score.
- Once the candidates know their predicted score, they would want to know their ranks. To know their ranks in JEE Advanced 2019, the candidates can use JEE Advanced Rank Predictor 2019 tool and predict the probable ranks and know their admission chances.
For complete details Please check JEE Advanced 2019 Answer Key
JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for JEE Advanced 2019 has been released officially on the website. Syllabus includes questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Architecture Aptitude (for Architecture aspirants). The candidates need to know the syllabus very well in order to not miss out on even the smallest concept. It is important to be thorough in syllabus to answer most of the questions and gain good marks. Complete list of units and topics of the subjects can be referred here.
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus.
JEE Advanced Results 2019
Results for JEE Advanced 2019 will be released by IIT-R on 4th June 2019 in online mode which will be followed by All India Rank (AIR). Soon after the result declaration IIT-R prepares for JEE Advanced Counselling rounds.
The category wise All India Rank will list the successful candidates who are eligible for further rounds.
Steps to check JEE Advanced Result 2019
- Visit the official website jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on JEE Advanced results 2019
- Candidates will be directed to another form where they must give their roll no., date of birth.
- Click on "submit" button.
- AIR(All India Rank) will be available along with their score.
- Candidate should download and take a printout copy of their JEE Advanced 2019 results.
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Results.
JEE Advanced Cutoff 2019
After the 14th June 2019. After which cut offs will be declared. IIT Roorkee will release the cutoff marks for JEE Advanced 2019.
Candidates have to secure JEE Advanced 2019 cut-off to secure a seat. The cut-off of JEE Advanced 2019 will be released once the result of the entrance test will be declared.
|Rank List||Minimum marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate|
|Common rank list (CRL)||12||126|
|OBC-NCL rank list||11||114|
|SC rank list||6||63|
|ST rank list||6||63|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-||6||63|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||6||63|
|SC-PwD rank list||6||63|
|ST-PwD rank list||6||63|
|Preparatory course rank lists||3||32|
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Cutoff.
JEE Advanced Counselling 2019
JOSAA (The Joint Seat Allocation Authority) conducts the JEE Advanced Counselling after the declaration of JEE Advanced Results (30th of May 2019) in the 3rd week of June 2019. Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done based on candidate’s performance, category, AIR, availability of seat. Eligible candidates must register themselves for the counselling process, fill and lock their choices.
Number of Counselling rounds
- There will be 7 rounds for counselling process (might vary)
- Around 23 IITs participate in the process
Eligibility for JEE Advanced Counselling 2019
- Minimum aggregate of candidate in the qualifying examination must not be less than 75% (65% for SC/ST/PwD). In case of percentile, the candidate should be among top 20 successful toppers.
- The aggregate marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Language (Language paper in which candidates have scored higher marks will be taken into consideration) will be considered in calculating the aggregate in qualifying examination.
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Counselling.
JEE Advanced Seat Allotment 2019
Seat Allotment for JEE Advanced 2019 will be based on All India Rank (AIR) secured by the candidates in JEE Advanced and the choices filled by them during choice filling and locking. Seat allotment for qualified students has been divided into 3 categories:
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
Seat allotment status
- Log in using the Registration No (User ID), JEE Advanced 2019 Roll No and Password to check seat allotment status.
- Candidates securing higher rank in their respective categories will be allotted seats accordingly.
- The soft copy of the category (SC/ST/OBC-NCL) certificates uploaded at the time of online registration will be scrutinized against originals during seat allocation, and if the certificates uploaded are found to be inappropriate, the student will be treated as General only, if their score in the Paper-1 of JEE Main is above the cutoff score for General category.
To know more please visit link JEE Advanced 2019 Seat Allotment.
JEE Advanced Participating Colleges 2019
Every year the admissions to IITs is done based on JEE Advanced examination performance. The examination will be conducted by one of the 7 IITs for each year and for the current year IIT Roorkee is heading the examination and admission process. And every other IIT Institute will participate in the admission process.
For complete details Please check JEE Advanced 2019 Participating Colleges
JEE Advanced Reservation criteria 2019
SC/ST applicants of JEE Advanced 2019 can avail reservation benefits under Government of India reservation policy. Read below for JEE Advanced 2019 reservation criteria for SC/ST candidates.
Reservation percentage for SC/ST
Candidates belonging to SC/ST are admitted under the seats reserved for them under the rules and guidelines laid down by Government of India.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
Documents required for SC/ST candidates: Original and 1 attested photocopy of Category (SC/ST) certificate
To know more please visit JEE Advanced 2019 Reservation criteria
JEE Advanced Helpline and Contact Details 2019
The contact details of the various IIT zones are below for the candidate’s reference in case he/she wants any information regarding JEE Advanced 2019 Examination.
All the queries will be answered/solved to ensure a hassle free examination and admission process.
JEE Advanced Contact details of zone wise IITs
|JEE Advanced South zone Institutes|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Address|
JEE (Advanced) 2019
|JEE Advanced 2019 Phone|
|+91 44 22578220|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Fax|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Email|
For more information, visit JEE Advanced 2019 Helpline and Contact Details.