The seat allotment of COMEDK UGET 2019 is part of the counselling process where candidates will be allotted seats in the participating institutes. Candidates with higher rank in the merit list will be given preference over the lower rank. Candidates can take decision after verifying the seat allotted to them by choosing either of the options – upgrade/reject/accept/withdraw.
Candidates who accept the allotted seat can download their verification entry card after the payment of fee through online mode and the same must be produced at the time of document verification.
All qualified candidates must personally report for document and bio metric verification at the counselling venue.
Refer the below given table for important dates of COMEDK UGET 2019 Seat allotment.
Important Dates of COMEDK UGET 2019 Seat Allotment
|SI.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||COMEDK UGET 2019||May 12, 2019 (Announced)|
|2||Declaration of Result||27.05.2019|
|3||COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling||Starts from 01/07/2019 till 13/07/2019
(excluding 7th July i.e., Sunday)
Modified Eligibility Criteria for Architecture admission
Corrigendum dtd. 31/12/2018 published the revised eligibility criteria for Architecture courses. It states that:
“No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/ he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.”
Aspiring candidates are requested to check the website (www.comedk.org) regularly for all the updates.
What steps does COMEDK Seat Allotment process involve?
Once the verification of documents is completed and registration in done at the main counselling hall, candidates will have select the seat they want. The procedure for document verification and format of DD can be referred at COMEDK Counselling page
Steps involving Seat allotment
|Seat selection-main hall|
|Acknowledgement of Seat selected|
|DD Deposit Counter|
|Allotment Letter Collection|
Rules for First Round of Counselling and Seat selection
- The candidate should participate according to the notified time schedule and as per the stipulated rank ranges only.
- Registration is mandatory for the candidates. No representatives on behalf of candidates are allowed as biometric verification will be conducted. Candidates must get required documents in original along with sets of photocopies.
- Once registration is done, a merit list will be generated for each session according to the ranks of candidates. Unless a candidate who has a higher rank gets the opportunity to select a seat, a candidate who has the rank next to him cannot select the seat.
- A dynamic screen will display the course-wise and college-wise availability of seats, to help the candidates make up their mind in advance. The moment the option is exercised, the dynamic screen updates accordingly and the chosen seat will not be on display. Therefore, once a candidate selects a seat according to order of merit, it cannot be changed subsequently. The selection of an available seat in a college based on individual merit is entirely the responsibility of the candidate concerned and the staff managing the process will only facilitate such seat selection and the onus cannot be shifted to them.
- Allotment letter has built in security features and cannot be duplicated. No duplicate Allotment letter will be issued for any reason.
- No candidate will be allowed to change the seat, once selected, during the same counselling round. Hence, the candidates are cautioned to be very careful during the counselling process
- After verifying the original documents, one set of attested photocopies of all the originals and Demand Draft drawn on Approved Bank in favour of COMEDK, payable at Bangalore for Rs. 55,000/- are required to be submitted by the Candidate. The balance tuition fee as applicable and all the original documents are required to be submitted to the College at the time of reporting.
- After seat selection, the Candidate will go to the DD Deposit counter and deposit the Demand Draft for Rs.55,000/- and obtain fee receipt and the allotment letter which has security features. This allotment letter will enable him/her to join the college concerned
- In the subsequent Round, if the candidate participates , they will continue to be considered in the same group /category as selected in Round 1 i.e., if candidate selects GM in Round 1, he/she can select only GM seats in Round 2. The same applies for candidate who selects HKR/Tulu/Christian seats.
Rules for Second Round of Counselling and Seat selection
- After the completion of the first round seat selection, unfilled, surrendered, forfeited, cancelled and newly added seats, if any, will be offered during the second round.
- All candidates who have selected a seat during the first round, whether reported to the college or not, are eligible to participate in the second round along with candidates who have not selected any seat.
- Candidates who have not attended the First round of counselling are also eligible to participate in the second round to choose the seats available at that stage.
- The second round of seat selection will be held as per the schedule to be notified separately.
- The letter of Allotment issued by the COMEDK is to enable the candidate to report and complete the process of admission in the concerned college, with reference to the prescriptions of AICTE/COA and the concerned University in Karnataka. Hence at the college level, all the original documents are again verified before acceptance.
- COMEDK’s responsibility is only to ensure fair and transparent evaluation of merit followed by single window counselling. Issues and grievances, if any, subsequent to the selection of seats is the responsibility of the concerned college to which the candidate is allotted and the regulatory agencies.
- COMEDK having thus become ‘functus officio’ does not take any responsibility with regard to admission, refund of fees etc. when once it forwards the list of selected candidates based on entrance test followed by single window centralized counselling and as such the candidates and others cannot subsequently set up any grievance against COMEDK.
- After the second round of Counselling, the list of selected candidates would be sent to all the regulating agencies of the Government and the Colleges concerned.
Seat Allotment Based on Merit/Rank in COMEDK UGET 2019
Seat allotment will be done based on merit/rank secured in COMEDK UGET 2019 with preference to college and course.
|Description of the Candidate||Seat Allotment for Round 1||Seat Allotment for Round 2|
|General Merit candidates||Candidates will be considered only in the General merit quota. The same rank list will be followed in every round of allotment of seats.||Candidates will be allotted seats if there are vacant seats after the allotment to Christian, Tulu and HKR minority category.|
|HKR/Tulu minority/Karnataka Christian Minority||Will be first considered for allotment in General merit as per their merit, rank and preference of college and course.
If seats are exhausted in General merit, candidate will be allotted seats in their respective category.
Mentioned order will be followed to allot seats to candidates belonging to minority categories- General Merit, HKR, Christian-Karnataka, Tulu.
If a candidate selects ‘accept and upgrade’ option for a Minority seat allotted in Round 1, then he/she will only be considered for minority seats in Round 2.
|Candidates will be allotted seats in the mentioned below sequence: HKR, Christian-Karnataka, Tulu|
|Non-Karnataka Christian Minority||Seats are not available during Round 1||All vacant seats (if any) in Karnataka-Christian category will be allotted to Non-Karnataka –Christians based on rank and their order of preference of college and course.|
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the COMEDK UGET 2018 seat allotment for each round:
- Click on the "Counselling Process" tab in application login page
- Click on round 1/round 2 details section to know the allotment details.
- A window with details of college and branch name will be displayed. After verifying the seat allotment candidates can take decision as follows:
|Candidate’s Decision (in round 1)||Round 1 Seat Allotment||Round 2 Seat Allotment||What need to be done after allotment?|
|Accept (Candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat)||Seat allotted in round 1 will be considered||Will not be considered for round 2||After round 1 is concluded, candidate will have to pay Rs 50,000 as tuition fee through online, report to the college and verifies documents to confirm the seat.|
|Accept and Upgrade (Candidate is satisfied with the seat but want to participate in next round)||Seat allotted in round 1 will be considered||After round 1 conclude, candidate will be considered for round 2 for higher preference order than the one allotted during Round 1. If higher preferences are not available, then the candidate retains the seat allotted to him/her in Round 1.
Seat withdrawal facility is not available post Round 2
|Candidate will have to pay Rs 50,000
as tuition fees after round 1 concludes
to confirm his/her seat.
Document verification and reporting to college will be done after round 2.
|Reject and Upgrade (Not satisfied with seat allotted in round 1 and wish to take part in round 2)||Seat allotted in round 1 is not considered||Will be considered for round 2 with higher preference order than allotted during round 1.
Candidates will be able to reject or accept the seat allotted in round 2.
|If a candidate accepts the seat allotted in round 2, he/she has to pay tuition fees of Rs. 50,000, verifies his/her documents and report to the college after conclusion of round 2.|
|Reject and Withdraw (Candidate is not satisfied with seat allotment and therefore he is quitting it)||Seat allotted in round 1 is not considered||Will not considered for round 2||Neither fees has to be paid nor document verification has to be done.|
Seat Allotment process
- Choice entered by candidates in COMEDK UGET application form 2019 will alone be considered.
- No request for change in choice filling will be entertained.
- For each choice entered by the candidate, the admission authorities will check availability of general merit seats, followed by HKR seats, followed by Christian – Karnataka seat and then followed by Tulu seat based on the preference entered by the candidate.
- It is mandatory to produce all the applicable documents for minority/HKR category candidates. If a candidate fails to produce the documents, the seat allotted will stand cancelled and he/she will have no claim.
- If the seats in any of the categories are not available with preference entered by the candidate, then admission authorities will look at seats in the next preference order.
Candidates can follow steps below in case they want to upgrade, accept or reject the seats allotted to them during COMEDK UGET 2019 seat allotment:
After verifying the seat allotment details in "Counselling process" tab,
- Scroll down and view the choices available like accept, upgrade and reject.
- Select the required option and click on ‘Proceed’ button
- You can pay the tuition fees of Rs 50,000 via online mode or can download the payment receipt from ‘Document required for verification’ tab and pay the fee through DD.
- After fee payment, candidate will be called for document verification and then he/she will have to report to college to complete further formalities.
Same procedure will be followed in case of round 2 also. Also, if a candidate fails to take decision on the allotment made to him/her, he/she will not be considered for further rounds of COMEDK UGET seat allotment 2019.
Seat selection procedure for Minority candidates
- During the common first round of counselling explained in above sections, the seats reserved for Minority category in Minority institutions would be available to the candidates coming under this category, whether Christian or Tulu for selection in the order of merit. Those candidates of this category by birth/domicile in Karnataka are first eligible to select the seats so reserved. All other Minority candidates are permitted to choose seats under General Merit category only according to their merit ranks.
- In the subsequent Round, if the candidate participates, they will continue to be considered in the same group /category as selected in Round 1.Note
During the first round of counselling, candidates belonging to religious and linguistic minority of Karnataka State can select a seat either under General Merit or in the respective minority institution in the order of merit only.
- However, there will be an exclusive round of counselling i.e. the first session of the second round of counselling for candidates belonging to minority category, only if the seats reserved for them are available. In this round, again Minority candidates by birth/domicile in Karnataka have preference in selecting the seats meant for Minority category and thereafter the leftover seats under the Christian Minority category can be selected by such Christian Minority candidates hailing from States other than Karnataka. As Non-Karnataka candidates will not be able to claim Tulu Minority, the above said opportunity is not available for them.
- If the seats are still left unfilled under minority quota they will be moved to General Merit category and the General Merit candidates would be counselled in the order of merit during the second round.
- The candidate who is holding a minority seat selected during the first round of counselling is eligible to participate only in the minority session of the Second Round. Also, the candidates who are holding a minority seat will not be eligible to participate in the subsequent General Merit sessions of second round.
Seat selection procedure for Hyderabad Karnataka Region candidates
- During the common first round of counselling explained in above sections, the seats reserved for Hyderabad Karnataka region in the COMEDK Member Institutions would be available to the candidates coming under this class only.Note
During the first round of counselling, candidates belonging to Hyderabad Karnataka region can select a seat either under General Merit or in the respective Hyderabad Karnataka region quota seats in the order of merit only.
- In the subsequent Round, if the candidate participates, they will continue to be considered in the same group /category as selected in Round 1
- However, there will be an exclusive round of counselling i.e. the second session of the second round of counselling for candidates belonging to Hyderabad Karnataka region only if the seats reserved for them are available.
- If the seats are still left unfilled under Hyderabad Karnataka region quota those seats will be moved to General Merit category and the General Merit candidates would be counselled in the order of merit during the second round.
- The candidate who is holding a seat under Hyderabad Karnataka quota selected during the first round of counselling is eligible to participate only in the Hyderabad Karnataka region session of the Second Round. Also, the candidates who are holding Hyderabad-Karnataka region seat will not be eligible to participate in the subsequent General Merit sessions of second round.
- Candidate who fails to report in time at the venue as per his/her time of the schedule along with all the required documents and Demand Draft drawn on any of the notified Banks in favor of COMEDK (TAT No. ___) will be considered as a latecomer. Such latecomers cannot ,as of right ,claim to be counselled during the same session. The excuses like flight/train/bus/local transportation delayed / on any health/social grounds etc. will not be entertained.
- However, COMEDK may at its discretion, organize an exclusive session called “latecomer session” to all those who are latecomers during any session in a day only after the completion of all the sessions proposed for that day. The said latecomers are entitled for seat selection amongst the seats available at that point of counselling and further they are not allowed to participate on any subsequent session during the said counselling round.
Surrender, Refund And Forfeiture Of Fee
- Candidates can surrender/cancel their seat only through the surrender form online during the time period specified for surrender/cancellation of seat.
- Please note that candidates who intend to upgrade their college/course during Round 2,by holding the seat allotted in Round 1 need not surrender their seat.
- Any candidate, who surrenders his/her seat during the dates to be notified, will be refunded the fee paid after deducting Rs.5,000/- only, towards administrative expenses. Remaining amount will be refunded to the account mentioned by the candidate in the surrender form.
- No surrender of seat would be accepted after the date notified in this behalf.
- Surrender of seat by the candidates is not allowed during or after COMEDK second round of counselling. COMEDK will not be responsible for any subsequent consequences arising.
- Candidates are required to take the consent of their parents for surrendering the seats and to claim refund.
Procedure For Surrender Of Seat
- The candidates can access the surrender form by logging into their applicant login. The candidates have login to their application form using their user ID and password and click on “surrender form” tab. Please note that here is no separate email or fax or any other mode of communication for seat surrender
- Candidates are required to go through all the details carefully in the surrender form and submit the same. Once the surrender form is submitted, no changes can be made to the same.
- After the surrender of seat, if the candidate opted to attend the second round counselling, he/she has to take a fresh DD for Rs.5,000/- in addition to Rs.50,000/-available with COMEDK. Similarly, the candidate has to submit the Original Allotment Letter and fee receipt issued during Round 1 along with printout of surrender form at the time of counselling.
- If the candidate, after surrendering his/her seat, do not want to participate in the second round, he/she can claim the refund of Rs.50,000/-out of Rs.55,000/-deposited with COMEDK during the first round for which they have to furnish the bank details and this amount would be sent through NEFT/RTGS after the receipt of Original Allotment letter, Fee receipt and Verification card issued by COMEDK for which the dates will be announced later.
- The candidate has to send the Original Allotment Letter, Fee Receipt and Verification Card issued at the time of Counselling during Round 1along with printout of surrender form, to COMEDK office by Registered Post / Speed Post only to the following address:
No. 132, Second floor,
11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore -560 055
- Please ensure that the bank data entered is correct in all respect since any subsequent request to change the same will not be entertained and COMEDK cannot be held responsible for wrong data entered by the candidates.
- There is no provision for surrender of seats either during or after the commencement of the second round.
- In case of candidates who cancel/surrender the seat & Do not intend to attend subsequent Rounds, then he /she is required to send COMEDK original allotment letter, Bank receipt for having deposited the tuition fee and Verification card,all in original received by them to COMEDK Office at Malleswaram immediately after submitting the Surrender Form Online. Refund will be initiated only after receipt of the above documents and after the entire admission process for the current academic year is completed.
- If any candidate , who has surrendered their seat during the time specified , wishes to attend the 2nd Round of counselling, he/she should make payment of additional amount of Rs.5000/-(towards administrative charges)paid through a Demand Draft drawn from notified bank in favour of COMEDK (TAT No. ____) payable at Bangalore at the time of attending the counselling.
- If the candidate selects the seat during subsequent Round, then he /she has to submit the Original Allotment Letter issued during Round 1 & Fee Paid receipt at the DD Deposit Counter after selection of seat in Round 2.
- If the candidate attends the 2nd Round counselling and does not take a seat in subsequent Round, then he/she has to send the COMEDK original allotment letter, Bank receipt for having deposited the tuition fee and Verification card, all in original received by them to COMEDK Office at Malleswaram.
- Refund will be initiated only after receipt of the above documents and after the entire admission process for the current academic year is completed
COMEDK UGET 2018 Document Verification
Candidates who accept the seat allotted to them in round 1, will be issued with seat allotment letter and are called for document verification after round 1 by admission authorities. For all the other candidates who have selected, ‘accept and upgrade’, seat allotment letter will be issued, and they will be called for document verification after the conclusion of round 2. Follow the below steps for document verification of COMEDK UGET 2019.
- Click on the Documents required for verification tab in application login page and download Verification Entry Card.
- Check the documents required for verification and keep them ready
- Attend the document verification session according to the scheduled date and time.
- Collect the allotment letter post document verification.
- Report to the college and complete remaining formalities.
List of Documents Required at the Time of Verification
- Online COMEDK UGET 2019 Application Form
- Rank Card of COMEDK UGET 2019
- COMEDK TAT with signature of Invigilator
- COMEDK UGET 2019 Verification Entry Card
- Fee Payment Receipt of COMEDK UGET 2019
- Original ID proof
- Parents /Guardian’s Original ID proof
- Date of Birth proof of candidate (SSLC Certificate/Government document)
- PUC/ class 12 or equivalent marks card
- Category certificate (if Applicable)
- Parents study proof in Karnataka for 7 years
- Candidates study proof in Karnataka for 7 years including 10th or 12th in Karnataka
- Tulu Minority Certificate – Issued by Principal of school/school record showing ‘mother tongue’ (If applicable)
- Religious minority certificate Christian - Issued by Principal of school/school record showing ‘Religion’ (If applicable)
- HKR Eligibility Certificate (If applicable)
- Karnataka domicile certificate (Issued by Revenue authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar) (If applicable)
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor