The COMEDK 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 12th May 2019 and the application form for the same will be released on January 16th, 2019. COMEDK 2019 aspirants need to fill the application form and submit within the stipulated time. In order to attend the COMEDK 2019 examination, candidate must satisfy certain eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria contains parameters that includes age, nationality, qualifying exam, subjects, minimum marks etc. Candidates applying for the exam must read the criteria carefully before applying for the exam. Those who do not fulfil the prescribed COMEDK UGET eligibility criteria will not be able to appear in the exam.
FOR UG ENGINEERING COURSES
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government; the last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects. However, changes, if any, in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE will be adopted.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
The candidates shall submit the original marks card of the examination during counselling for proving their eligibility vis-a-vis marks scored as evidenced by the original marks card.
FOR UG ARCHITECTURE COURSES
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2
- No candidate shall be admitted to architecture program unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination.
- The candidates should have qualified a recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2019.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application form for counselling as per the notification on COMEDK website (which will be made available before counselling).Candidates interested only in Architecture course, need not fill the online Application Form for engineering entrance exam.
- Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by AICTE, VTU, COA or any other competent Regulatory Authorities before the start of rank generation process of COMEDK shall be adopted mutatis mutandis. After generating the ranks, no changes will be made to the already prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Rank Card will be generated only for those candidates who become eligible for admission to under Graduate Courses as per the regulations of AICTE / VTU.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor