Candidates who qualify the COMEDK 2019 exam need to apply for the counselling process of 2019 COMEDK UGET examination. Candidates will have to report to the allotted institute for document verification, biometrics and document verification. Registered candidates will have to select, fill and lock their choice of courses and institutes according to their preference. COMEDK authority will conduct mock allotment to help students in familiarizing the process. After mock seat allotment, provision to change and modify preferences will be given to the candidates and the final seat allotment will be done based on the merit and preference of the candidates.COMEDK Counselling Process Document is available now. It was announced that counselling document will be released on 15th June 2019. The schedule for 1st round of counselling is also announced. COMEDK Counselling starts from 1st July 2019.
Architecture Counselling Round
Round 2 for Architecture counselling will be conducted on 1st August 2019. Rank card can be downloaded by the candidates on the COMEDK website.
COMEDK Counselling Round 2 Schedule
Schedule for counselling round 2 started on 24th July 2019 and it will end on 31st July 2019.
Update on Architecture Counselling Round
Counselling for Architecture Round 1 will be conducted on 19th July 2019. Rank card for architecture was released on 15th July 2019 on COMEDK official website. Candidates can download the rank card and get ready for counselling rounds.
COMEDK Counselling Round 1 Schedule
Eligibility norms for COMEDK Counselling
- All candidates get two opportunities either to confirm the seat selected or to change their seat depending on the circumstances. No more than two chances will be provided.
- Candidate must be physically present as biometric, photo and signature process will be carried out. No representatives are allowed on behalf of candidates.
- Any mismatch at any stage will automatically result in disqualification of the candidate and he/she will not be permitted to participate in any further process of seat selection and admission to UG course. Further, impostors are liable for criminal prosecution.
- All candidates have to show the original documents specified in this document without which they will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium where the counselling is held.
- Only one person (parent or guardian) can accompany the candidate for the entire counselling process along and he/she has to carry any one of the photo ID proof in original - a) Passport, b) Driving License, c) Voter ID, d) PAN Card, e) Adhaar Card. A copy of the photo ID proof of the person accompanying the candidate shall be furnished at the verification counter.
- Use of Cell Phones / Laptops / I-pads or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited inside the Counselling Venue.
- Request such as the originals have been lost and a police complaint filed or F.I.R lodged and hence duplicate marks card or other certificates be accepted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If any of the documents/records are not original, Candidate/s shall produce duplicate documents/ records issued by the same competent authority which issued theoriginal along with a certificate by the said competent authority explaining the circumstances under which such duplicate documents/records came to be issued and the decision of the COMEDK expert committee in this regard shall be final.
- The eligibility norms notified on 29th November 2018 and re-iterated subsequently in the COMEDK UGET 2019 Brochure notified will be strictly followed.
- The declaration made by candidates in their Application Form with regard to SC/ST/OBC (for lower eligibility marks) and Tulu/Christian minority communities and those belonging to Hyderabad-Karnataka (HK) Region will be final and changes in the category / minority status on any ground are not permitted under any circumstances.
- During the first round of counselling, candidates can select their seat under General Merit category. However candidates belonging to religious and linguistic minority of Karnataka State can select a seat either under General Merit or in the respective minority institution in the order of merit. In the subsequent Round, if the candidate participates,they will continue to be considered in the same group /category as selected in Round 1.The similar process shall apply mutatis mutandis for candidates belonging to H-K Region.
Candidates who have passed in the recent supplementary 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary examination 2019 may appear for second round counselling subject to fulfilling other requirements of eligibility criteria and after producing the relevant original marks cards attested by the respective board.
Documents to be produced for Counselling
The following documents must be produced in original along with Two separate sets of Self-Attested photocopies of the documents. It must be arranged in the sequential order given below and the same will be verified at the verification counter.
|Order No.||Documents required||Applicable to|
|1||COMEDK Rank Card||Applicable to all|
|2||COMEDK Online Application Form||Applicable to all|
|3||COMEDK TAT that was used for the exam on 13thMay 2019||Applicable to all engineering candidates|
|4||Candidate Original ID proof||Applicable to all|
|5||Parent’s /Guardian’s Original ID proof(accompanying the candidate)||Applicable to all|
|6||Date of Birth Proof of Candidate (SSLC Certificate/Government document)||Applicable to all|
|7||PUC/12th Std or equivalent Marks Card||Applicable to all|
|8||SC/ST/OBC Certificate from Tahsildar/above||Engineering: Applicable to SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka who have scored above 40% and below 45% in 12th std/equivalent examination|
|9||Tulu Minority Certificate –Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “mother tongue”||For candidates who intend to claim a seat in Tulu Minority Category|
|10||Religious minority certificate-Christian-Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “Religion”||For candidates who intend to claim a seat in Christian Minority Category.|
|11||Karnataka domicile certificate-Issued by Revenue authority not below the rank of Tahsilda||For candidates who havetaken/intend to takea seat in Tulu/Karnataka -Christian category.Also applicable for candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka who have scored below lower eligibility norms in 12th/PUC|
|12||HKR Eligibility certificate issued by Asst. Commisioner in charge of revenue sub division||For candidates who intend to claim a seat in HKR Minority Category|
|13||Parents study proof in Karnataka for 7 years||Karnataka candidates who have taken a seat in Linguistic/Religious Minority category, if the candidate has not studied for 7 years in Karnataka but has studied 11th and 12thin Karnataka|
|14||Candidates study proof in Karnataka for 7 years including 10th or 12th in Karnataka||Karnataka candidates who have taken a seat in Linguistic/Religious Minority category, if the candidate has studied for 7 years in Karnataka and has studied 10th/12thin Karnataka|
|15||DD of Rs 55000 from approved list of banks in the Format required by COMEDK.||Applicable to all candidates|
|16||NATA/IIT JEE 2 Score Card||Applicable to candidates appearing for Architecture counselling|
|17||Surrender Form||Required in Round 2, in case of any candidate who has cancelled/surrendered his seat allotted in Round 1.|
|18||Original COMEDK Allotment Letter & Fee Paid Receipt of COMEDK||
|19||Original Verification Card issued by COMEDK||
The certificate claiming Category/Minority/Hyderabad Karnataka Region should have been procured in the name of the candidate only. The details regarding Minority/Category /Hyderabad Karnataka Region should have been mentioned by the candidate in the application form at the time of applying for COMEDK UGET or COMEDK Architecture Counselling Application 2019.
- Demand draft favouring “COMEDK (TAT No_ _ _ _ __)” has to be drawn only from the approved list of banks listed below. Please indicate candidate’s Test Admission Ticket Number in the favouring details section of DD.
- Demand Draft will not be accepted without the candidate’s TAT number on it.
- Demand Draft drawn on a bank not listed below is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Candidates are advised to indicate their Name, TAT No, Rank Number and contact details on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
- Demand Draft should be CTS compliant and it should not be overwritten. Non-CTS and overwritten demand drafts will not be accepted.
List of banks from which DD is acceptable
Below is the given list of Banks from which DD IS acceptable for Counseling :
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab NationalBank
- Punjab Sind Bank
- Reserve Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- United Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Karnataka Bank
Candidates Who Have Selected An Engineering Seat In IIT-JEE/KEA
Candidates who have selected a seat by submitting their Original documents in the following Institutions / Universities / Agencies may attend the COMEDK First Round counselling, with one set of attested photocopies of documents as indicated ABOVE along with the acknowledgement and the original allotment letter issued by them:
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
This is possible only during the first round of COMEDK counselling
COMEDK 2019 Counselling Procedure
Step 1: Reporting and Check in Process
- Check the Schedule of Counselling on www.comedk.org and report to counselling centre as per the reporting time mentioned, along with all required documents
*Candidates can only attend as per the sessions allotted for a specific rank.
- Go to check-in counter as per the Rank numbers/session being announced
- Show documents as requested at Check -in Counter and enter the counselling venue
- Proceed to verification section if you have completed Check-in Process
Step 2: Verification of Documents
- Fill 2 counselling verification cards (will be available at verification section) & arrange your documents as per the order mentioned in documents section mentioned above.
- Go to verification Counter.
- Verification officer will verify all original documents& DD and retain a set of photocopy of all documents verified.
- Proceed to next stage if your verification process is completed.
Step 3: Biometric and Photo Verification & Registration
- Complete Biometric & Photo verification process
- Collect Registration Slip
- Proceed to Counselling Hall along with your registration slip.
Step 4: Seat selection-main hall
- Fill the Demand Draft details and three choices of Course/ College that are available at the time and which you wish to opt during the seat selection
- Wait for your Rank to be called/announced
- Go to selection counter when your rank is called & Select the seat as per availability at the time.
*Exercising the option by the registered candidate involves selection of a seat in the order of merit subject to the availability of seat and the college.
- Proceed to next counter to get acknowledgement of seat selected
Step 5: Acknowledgement of Seat selected
- Collect your seat acknowledgement letter
- Proceed to DD deposit Counter
Step 6: DD Deposit Counter
- Submit your DD along with seat acknowledgmentletter at the DD Counter
- Proceed to next counter and wait for Original Allotment Letter
Step 7: Allotment Letter Collection
- Wait for your Rank number to be called.
- Collect your Original Allotment Letter & Fee Payment Receipt
- Verify all details and Report to College as per date mentioned in the Original Allotment Letter
Rules For Candidates Attending Both Engineering & Architecture Counselling
- A candidate who selects an Engineering seat in the first round may also attend the first Round of Architecture. In the event of selecting an Architecture seat during the first round, the earlier selected Engineering seat automatically gets surrendered and added to the Second round of engineering seat matrix. Such a candidate will not be eligible to attend any further round of engineering counselling.
- A candidate who has not selected a seat in Engineering in the first round can attend the first round counseling of Architecture and select a seat. Further such acandidate is eligible to attend the second round of engineering counselling. In the event of selecting a seat in the second round of Engineering counselling, the earlier selected Architecture seat automatically gets surrendered and added to the Second round of Architecture seat matrix. However, such a candidate will not be eligible to attend any further round counselling of Architecture.
- Also, the candidates who either attend or not or select an Architecture seat or not during the first round of Architecture counseling are eligible to attend the second round of Architecture counselling.