BITSAT 2019 is conducted Online (Computer based test) offering admissions to Integrated First Degree programmes at BITS Universities viz BITS Pilani at Pilani campus, K K Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. BITSAT exam will be conducted in two slots for a day for a duration of 3 hours(each slot) and the test consists of 4 parts:
- Part I : Physics
- Part II : Chemistry
- Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
- Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)
There is no time limit for individual parts of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the Examination||Computer based (Online)|
|Number of questions||150 questions
|Total marks||450 marks (150 Q × 3marks)|
|Marking scheme||3 marks for each correct answer
Negative marking - One mark deducted for each incorrect answer
No marks are awarded for questions not attempted
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs)|
|Syllabus||NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class|
BITSAT 2019 Questions and Marks Distribution
|Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)||45||135|
BITSAT 2019 Marking Scheme:
|Correct answer||+3 Marks|
|Wrong answer||-1 Mark|
|Unattempted question||No Marks|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only. 4 questions from each part.
- Further, once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- The extra questions (a maximum of 12) will give a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher.