Candidates aspiring to gain admissions to BITS University must qualify the BITSAT 2019 exam to gain admission in BITS campus. And in order to write BITSAT exam the candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria of BITSAT exam 2019. The eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2019 examination include qualifying marks, qualifying examination, combination of subject and age. Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Read below to know about eligibility requirements for BITSAT 2019 – course-wise eligibility, direct admissions, eligibility for international applicants. And also refer the board codes to fill the application form for BITSAT 2019.
BITSAT 2019 exam Eligibility criteria in general
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects.
- Age: Candidates who have cleared their Class XII exam in 2018 and also candidates who will be appearing for their Class XII exam in 2019 are both eligible to take up BITSAT exam.
Documents required must be submitted without fail to support their eligibility during the counselling process.
Eligibility for BE/B.Tech
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized State or Central Board.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured a minimum 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 60% marks in the other subjects.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as a main subject in class XII and they must be proficient in English language.
Eligibility for International Applicants
- Candidate must have secured a minimum 75% marks (7.5/10) overall and 65% marks (6.5/10) in PCM in 10+2 examination.
- Minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of a maximum of 2400) in SAT.
- Minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of a maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
- International candidates must have secured 60% in all the subjects of class 12.
- Minimum aggregate of Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English subject should be 75%
Direct Admissions in BITSAT 2019
Candidates who have secured 1st rank in central/state boards in India for the year 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2019 score provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria of BITSAT 2019 examination. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 15th of May 2019.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Board Codes
The codes for the name of the Board from which you have passed/ appearing in the 12th examination are as follows which should be used while filling application form:
|SI NO||Name of the Board and Examination||Board Code|
|1||Central Board of Secondary Education - All India Senior School Certificate Examination||CBAT|
|2||Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination – Indian School Certificate (Year-12) Examination||ISCT|
|3||Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh – Intermediate Examination||APBT|
|4||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council - Higher Secondary (+2) Examination||ASBT|
|5||Bihar Intermediate Council, Bihar Intermediate Examination||BICT|
|6||Board of Secondary Education, Chhattisgarh - Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination||CGBT|
|7||Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education - Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination||GDBT|
|8||Gujarat Secondary Education Board, Gujarat – Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2 Pattern)||GJBT|
|9||Board of School Education, Haryana - Senior Secondary Certificate Examination||HRBT|
|9||Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education – Senior Secondary (+2) examination||HPBT|
|10||The Jammu &Kashmir State Board of School Education - Higher Secondary Part II Examination, Jammu/Kashmir Region||JKBW|
|11||Jharkhand Intermediate Council, Jharkhand Intermediate Examination||JHCT|
|12||Board of Pre-University Examination, Karnataka - Second Year Pre-University Examination||KART|
|13||Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala Higher Secondary Examination||KERT|
|14||Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh – Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2)||MPBT|
|15||Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education - Higher Secondary Certificate Examination||MSBT|
|16||Council of Secondary Education, Manipur – Higher Secondary Examination||CHMT|
|17||Meghalaya Board of School Education - Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination||MEGT|
|18||Mizoram Board of School Education – Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination||MZBT|
|19||Nagaland Board of School Education - Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination||NAGT|
|18||Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha – Higher Secondary Examination||CHOT|
|19||Punjab School Education Board – Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Part II)||PNBT|
|20||Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan - Senior Secondary Examination||RJBT|
|21||Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Tamil Nadu – Higher Secondary Exam.||TNBT|
|22||Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana- Intermediate Examination.||TSBT|
|23||Tripura Board of Secondary Education - Higher Secondary (+2 Stage) Examination.||TRBT|
|24||Board of Intermediate Examination, Uttaranchal – Intermediate Examination.||UABT|
|25||Board of Intermediate Examination, Uttar Pradesh – Intermediate Examination.||UPBT|
|26||West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination – Higher Secondary Examination.||WBBT|
|28||Any Other Board/ University (not covered above)||AOBW|