AP EAMCET 2019 exam follows reservation policy based on the rules and regulations of the State Government. Based on which a certain percentage of seats are reserved based on category, gender etc.
Schedule Caste holds 15% of reservation, while Schedule Tribe hold 6% of reservation and the Backward Caste is granted 25% of reservation. So all the institutes/colleges must abide by the Government’s rule and reserve the mentioned percentage of seats for respective category.
Official details on Reservation based admissions will be available in due course during counselling and seat allotment phases.
Reservation percentage of seats based on category
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
Based on Gender
Female candidates will be given reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats, in each course and in each category (OC/ SC/ ST/ BC/ CAP/ NCC/ SP/ PH)
Sports quota in AP EAMCET 2019
The Following Games & Sports Only Will Be Considered Under Sports & Games Category In Respect Of Go.Ms.No.10 Dated:15-7-2008 Of Youth Advancement Tourism & Culture (Sports) Department
- Basket ball
- Foot Ball
- Hand Ball
- Roller Skating
- Sailing / Yachting
- Shuttle Badminton
- Soft Ball
- Table Tennis
- Volley Ball
- Ball Badminton
The Following Clauses Shall Be Taken Into Consideration In The Course Of Sports & Games Admissions In Respect Of Go.Ms.No.10 Dated:15-7-2008 Of Youth Advancement Tourism & Culture (Sports ) Department
- Preference shall be given to the performance and participation in individual disciplines over team disciplines within in a priority.
- Date of Birth shall be tallied proportionately to the category of age group vis-à-vis the concerned sport. The date of birth certificate issued by the Board of Secondary Education/ Similar Boards of Central / State Governments only shall be entertained as proof of age;
- Admission shall be given to the candidates on their current sports performance, which will be to a maximum of 3 years.
- The sports qualification, acquired between the period from the 10th /Inter/Diploma/Degree Examination, as the case may be, and the respective Common Entrance Test, shall also be taken into consideration for extending sports quota to meritorious sportspersons, subject to the maximum period mentioned at provision (c) above;
- Representation in the approved games and sports after qualifying at relevant Common Entrance Test shall not be considered;
- In case of a tie between two or more candidates, for the sports quota reservation for the same seat, rank at "Common Entrance Test" will prevail'
- No preference shall be given to the candidates having represented more than one game or sport. The priority will be decided based on the highest entitlement from among the priorities admissible to a particular candidate based on his/her representation in different games/sports;
- The decision of sports Authority of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh is final and for scrutiny of claims by sports Authority of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh, the candidates shall submit information as called for in the format prescribed by sports Authority.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
- Top 10 Medical Entrance Exams in India
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India
- JIPMER Results Announced
- NEET UG Counselling Started
- NEET Result Announced
- KCET Result Announced
- KCET College Predictor
- JEE Main Result Announced
- JEE Advanced Score Cards Available
- AP EAMCET Result Announced
- KEAM Result Announced
- UPSEE – Online Applications invited from NRI &Kashmiri Migrants
- MHT CET Result Announced
- NEET Rank Predictor